The Worst Ever World Cup....

The thread title should be changed to 'my worst world cup ever' ;)

Will_NA said:
The thread title should be changed to 'my worst world cup ever' ;)

Yes, certainly. Won't be the worst in everyone's eyes but it has been packed with surprises and upsets.

Last edited:
Utter rubbish guys. You can't make a judgement on the world cup until its finished. Theres still more than half to go! Make your decision after England win it :rolleyes: :p

I just saw the Indians supporters reactions to being moved from the WC in the group stages by burning pictures of Indian players and using it as a funeral for Indian cricket of sorts. They even destroyed Zaheer Khan's restaurant. You people are crazy! :eek:

Nah it isn't the worst world cup ever, it'll be one of the best if Australia take it though. ;)

Oh right, please continue with the generalizations! Or let me take part at least, you racist Aussie! Stereotyping is always fun isn't it?

well hes right in some aspects. Im fully aware that not all indians are like this, thats a given. But some are, which means that, according to the media, all are. The thing is, no other country would do this if they were knocked out of the world cup in the group stages

Maybe in Cricket, but I can find similar to worse events in the Football. Some not even involving something as prestigious as a WC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_hooliganism

For instance, judging by the astute and equitable...wdfu_ben..., the Spanish are then axe-wielding-car-destroying-barbarians; and by the logic presented so nicely above me, since some of them are, all are the same!

Last edited:
I would agree that in some sense you could be comparing apples to oranges, but in many ways, cricket is the 'football' of India and Pakistan. It is the highest watched and supported sport, and as a result, is comparable in fanaticism. With that said, I do not condone the Indian/Pakistani fan behaviour, but it hardly deserves the perspectiveless cinicism by my dear ben up there.

prarara said:
I would agree that in some sense you could be comparing apples to oranges, but in many ways, cricket is the 'football' of India and Pakistan. It is the highest watched and supported sport, and as a result, is comparable in fanaticism. With that said, I do not condone the Indian/Pakistani fan behaviour, but it hardly deserves the perspectiveless cinicism by my dear ben up there.

should put more money into Football in india and pakistan.... :D

I'd have to agree with the more sensible people in here. The only thing I've been disappointed in is that once the teams get into their groove, we may see a load of bloated totals. I'd prefer pitches similar to the one in the India-Sri Lanka match--where bowlers who bend their back will get reward.

Economically, the ICC may be devastated by this World Cup. I believe that they may even lose up to 60-70% of their expected revenue from the tournament, just from the fact that Indians and Pakistanis who had made reservations for the Super 8 would be cancelling it.

Cricket-wise, it's been good.

It's not looking good for the ICC though, so my conclusion is that this World Cup is great (nothing that's good for the ICC can be good for cricket* :p).

* Just continuing the generalizations ;)

Users who are viewing this thread