Third Test: Australia v England at Edgbaston

I love listening to what these guys have to say but what they're suggesting is rather stupid.

Does anyone agree with the two-tier system. If New Zealand was pushed down into a second divison I'm certain guys like Oram, McCullum Taylor wouldn't bother to much.

About time the English weather helped us out :)

I only flicked on when they mentioned the two-tier system. Something about Strauss benefiting from it so didn't relate it to International cricket. But assuming the obvious, no we don't need a two-tier system.

I`ll explain then. You said that there wasn`t any chance of a result in the match, so i assumed that you thought it was going to be a draw, and then you said that England could win. If that was understandable to other members, than i`ll take it as my fault.
Leave it all i dont want to fight we all are friend's.

Why match isn't starting i am excited dont think today will take place more then 2 hours.:(

Perfect series for me:

Three Test matches
Three ODI's
1/2 T20's

You could do that tour in 4-5 weeks

1-5, first test.
9-14, second test.
19-24, third test.
27,28 Two 20/20's

And then the three ODI's played within a week of each other. I just don't like what Warne was saying about by getting rid of 50 over cricket all together.

What are you saying howsie 3 tests are you allright.:laugh

Bloody stupid rain! We've got the Aussies on the rack and have a great chance to go 2-0 up (which would leave us only needing a draw from the remaining matches) and what happens? A goddam washout. Someone posted a while back that to beat England, Australia had only to beat the rain. I believe it's more accurate the other way round! We're the ones who have to beat the rain!

Perfect series for me:

Three Test matches
Three ODI's
1/2 T20's

You could do that tour in 4-5 weeks

1-5, first test.
9-14, second test.
19-24, third test.
27,28 Two 20/20's

And then the three ODI's played within a week of each other. I just don't like what Warne was saying about by getting rid of 50 over cricket all together.

Wait, if you're talking about the Ashes being reduced to three tests, you're out of your mind. It's bad enough any test series only consisting of three matches, let alone this one!

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

Play's been abandoned for the day apparently. Don't know whether this is good or bad for us. :sarcasm

Good, I'd say. If you got away with a draw in this match, it'd be a good result for you. Still, it would mean that if we got one more win in the series, we'd regain the Ashes.

Wait, if you're talking about the Ashes being reduced to three tests, you're out of your mind. It's bad enough any test series only consisting of three matches, let alone this one!

No I'm not, the Ashes should always remain as a five match series.

Still enough time for us to lose from here. Our batters are in that bad form that they are primed for another all out for 100.

Users who are viewing this thread