Tournment Ends

Now that India has batted brilliantly, all these guys are throwing all kinds of nonsense on the pitch. As adi said, had SL batted first and piled on the runs, they would not have talked much about the pitch and would have torn up the Indian bowlers for their energy and commitment, form, etc.

As far as I saw the match, the pitch was already showing signs of variable bounce and pace. Its just that its the first day and so the pitch is so good to bat. I am guessing that it will be harder to bat on Days 4 and 5. Superb show by India! We need 600+ here to seal it all up. Another ton from Dravid and Sachin.

Finally Sreesanth is back with Zak. :banana2

Great batting by India, hopefully the match will last 5 days and there will be a result. Would love to see it turn into a right dustbowl round about day 3.

I know someone said don't knock the pitch and moan about cricket being destroyed by flat decks but how can you not in this series?
Do crowds really want to see high scoring draws? Who'd be a bowler?
This.

If the pitch continues to stay this way, then the ICC really needs to start thinking about a system whereas boards are fined for destroying the aura of Test cricket. From inaccurate recent memory, 3-4 of the last 5 series' in India have had a majority of the pitches behave like this.

And why was Mishra dropped for Ojha? Didn't he outperform Bhajji in the last game (honest question since I didn't watch the previous game)?

I just tuned in, I assume its yet another flat pitch. What the hell gives???? Just when I thought the WI v England had the flattest pitches this year. And when the hell is Australia going to get these pitches? we always get good wickets, no 4/700 pitches for us when we tour WI, SL, India.

You did not bat well when you toured India. The Mohali wicket where Australia lost by 320 runs last year was as good as the ones in this series. Australia batted mindlessly in that test, especially in the second innings where they batted as if they were on a mission to chase 550 in 2 sessions.

Nagpur was a good wicket as well and Australia were done in by good bowling.

I think its a test tailor made for Sree to make a royal comeback. Although his character has often let him and the team down, I think he is set for a good comeback and if that happens, it would be a huge boost for our fast bowling attack which has not kindly withstood the loss of form of Ishant Sharma. I have never believed that the likes of Nehra, Munaf and Praveen are good backup choices (although Praveen can do the job in ODI's). We need Sreesanth to comeback and also one more guy, IRFAN PATHAN. How great would it be if Irfan made a great comeback with his bowling.

I still hope it can happen. Anyways, I hope to be awake when Sree bowls.

Taking 20 Sri Lankan wickets on this pitch will take 2 weeks. Mahela, Sanga, Samaraweera , Prasana and Dilshan, not exactly bunnies.

Nagpur=Not good wicket. I mean, it was a brand new wicket and those are always hard to bat on.

Now that India has batted brilliantly, all these guys are throwing all kinds of nonsense on the pitch. As adi said, had SL batted first and piled on the runs, they would not have talked much about the pitch and would have torn up the Indian bowlers for their energy and commitment, form, etc.

As far as I saw the match, the pitch was already showing signs of variable bounce and pace. Its just that its the first day and so the pitch is so good to bat. I am guessing that it will be harder to bat on Days 4 and 5. Superb show by India! We need 600+ here to seal it all up. Another ton from Dravid and Sachin.

The bowling was just as bad as the pitch, sorry but that's the truth.

Nice article that tears apart the scheduling for this ongoing series
Play only on weekdays will not help Tests - Top Stories - Sri Lanka in India, 2009 - Series & Tournaments - Cricket - Sports - The Times of India

Seems like the BCCI has scheduled the series keeping in mind that it is against Sri Lanka and not against a popular team like Australia, South Africa or Pakistan. How can you have different yardstick for different teams? ASK BCCI! Since its Sri Lanka, its placid pitches along with crappy scheduling. As I said before in this thread, the ODI series against Australia was scheduled so well where day matches were played on Sundays and the weekdays had all day/nighters. Can clearly see where the BCCI's interests are.

Taking 20 Sri Lankan wickets on this pitch will take 2 weeks. Mahela, Sanga, Samaraweera , Prasana and Dilshan, not exactly bunnies.

Certainly...in recent 3-4 years, the pitches in India are really pathetic, earlier, around later 90's and upto 2003-04 there were good pitches at least it used to assist spinners if not fast bowlers, but in recent past the quality of pitches is so bad, that the % of result(of winning or loosing) has certainly come down.

Nice article that tears apart the scheduling for this ongoing series
Play only on weekdays will not help Tests - Top Stories - Sri Lanka in India, 2009 - Series & Tournaments - Cricket - Sports - The Times of India

Seems like the BCCI has scheduled the series keeping in mind that it is against Sri Lanka and not against a popular team like Australia, South Africa or Pakistan. How can you have different yardstick for different teams? ASK BCCI! Since its Sri Lanka, its placid pitches along with crappy scheduling. As I said before in this thread, the ODI series against Australia was scheduled so well where day matches were played on Sundays and the weekdays had all day/nighters. Can clearly see where the BCCI's interests are.

How is this in anyone's interest? Whatever the series, you want the maximum number of people watching. I can watch only a single days play in this series. In the last match, I could not even do that as there was not even one day played on the weekend.

who said IND was batted badly...they certainly batted brilliantly...but the pitch is dead and not going to help bowlers

Last edited:
Yeah it would be great if Sachin could tuck another century under his belt. Let's hope he can reach ton number 44 today.

Users who are viewing this thread