Transmission Closes Down

The patch is already almost done. I am sure they will finish all post-production work, its not as if they are ripping the copper wire out of the building just yet.

This is a really sad day, the 1st developer to make a decent cricket game and they get punished.

So now can we ban the known pirates on PC? (Not that it will do anything)

wonder cant we do something to save them .. what if we all get to gather and contribute by and donate something for them on behalf of PC... i dont have lot of money but if we all get to gather cant we make a difference

Shocking news ! feel sorry for those who lost their jobs.
although as far as i know, AC09 was a big hit ?? so what happened ?

well, most of the pirates are either newbies or just registered to post some queries. majority of them wont be login again till another cricket game hits the shelves.

The patch is already almost done. I am sure they will finish all post-production work, its not as if they are ripping the copper wire out of the building just yet.

This is a really sad day, the 1st developer to make a decent cricket game and they get punished.

there is no way to find out who and who is not a pirot for sure mate.. but yes we should ban all pirots ...but how

A very noble but naiive thought. If they were not able to save Tranmission after the profits from AC09 there is nothing anybody can do. Who knows what has actually been going on. They could have lost a lot of money on other project, they could have been bought out and will open under a new name,.... etc

Time will tell, if there was any common sense at EA, they would snap up the AC09 team (unless Codies is planning something similar)

Hmarka added 0 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

But the problem is, we hardly know any of them.

There have been a few and they just get a "pirate" label and are free to stay here

There have been a few and they just get a "pirate" label and are free to stay here

Didn't know this. Well, if that's the case, then we should immediately impose a permanent ban on these morons. It's because of them only that Transmission is closing down today. Shame on you people!

They could not find someone to publish(ie no funding) their next project, so unless someone go a few million lying around....

The best that we could hope for, is that Codemasters hires a majority of Transmissions staff and establishes it as a new dev team dedicated to the AC franchise. However I doubt that AC was successful enough to warrant this.

Didn't know this. Well, if that's the case, then we should immediately impose a permanent ban on these morons. It's because of them only that Transmission is closing down today. Shame on you people!

this is one thing.

but lets keep aside the pirates for a while and think logically. AC09 made huge profits and was received well among the cricket fans. its not as though it was colossal disaster.

something major and unexpected would've happened out of the blue methinks !

A very noble but naiive thought. If they were not able to save Tranmission after the profits from AC09 there is nothing anybody can do. Who knows what has actually been going on. They could have lost a lot of money on other project, they could have been bought out and will open under a new name,.... etc

I'd deem Heroes over Europe to be a flop of a game. So maybe they lost profit over that? Especially since its not even half as good as a game as IL-2 Sturmovik; even so they released at practically the same time which could never be good for a game like HoE to compete with IL-2.

It was a colossol disaster in India though. They probably did not even make a profit after all the distribution costs and tariffs.

Just from what I have heard from the mods at PC. Also DarkBoyBlunder mentioned how piracy was seriously hampering the profits on the PC version.

It was a colossol disaster in India though. They probably did not even make a profit after all the distribution costs and tariffs.

Don't quite agree with you. It was well received by the Indian public. (Atleast in Kolkata) Most of my friends have this game, and what they have is the original version.

Not defending bloody pirots, but they are developers of games not publishers. I am no expert on this but I think, publishes pay developers the agreed amount when they release the game. I could be wrong

Users who are viewing this thread