Transmission Closes Down

yeah...but thats not the case here. people dont know from where to download them. heck , most of the people who use internet dont even know whats
"seeders" and "leechers" !

here, they prefer to shell 100Rs or less for a pirated version than wait for days downloading it.

I fail to see the difference between this and downloading it illegally. Its not like that 100 rupees goes to Transission. Both ways hurt the developer equally.

Very sad news.
We don't have any information so no point PMing us or PMing Heath or Rob.
As Legend Master said the bar is pretty high for sales so even if a game is a success then it might not be enough.

This might speed things up with the patch though. They probably are going to submit it for certification ASAP now.

How do you figure that? If anything it makes the patch less likely to come out, unless Codemasters take control over it.

I fail to see the difference between this and downloading it illegally. Its not like that 100 rupees goes to Transission. Both ways hurt the developer equally.

i never said it makes a difference. i was just arguing about how most of them opt for illegal copies than downloading it !

also, for all you know.....AC09 would've sold much better than the previous titles given its low price and the 2-3 year drought !

unless you link me or show some substantial proof, am not gonna buy that codies incurred a big lose due to the piracy here !

I also hate to say it, but i dont think there will be a patch any more. The doors were shut, staff are gone i understand (please correct me if i'm wrong on this). No-one will continue working for free. Finito. :(

Fair enough, I do not have proof, but I believe there are far more illegal copies of AC09 in India than legal ones.

This will be NDA'd up the arse as far as Rob is concerned, I am sure he will come and give us a generalized and vague statement. He probably will not be at liberty to give us any juicy details.

i just hope he finds a good job, codis can use a guy like rob... he is very good with every one in PC

We are talking about HOE flopping coupled with AC09 massive piracy in India. The two put together probably was a large financial dent.
Oh come on.

1. The piracy teams, Razor1911, and many others, ALL are based outside India.
2. Piracy is not only big in India, but also in Pakistan, Bangladesh and other areas. Its there in China as well, but thankfully Chinese don't play Cricket.
3. It might not be as big (Due to the whole population difference) but it IS there in US and UK as well. Probably the numbers are very high in India because of the very high number of the population in the first place.

I'm not defending piracy in India, yes it is rampant, and it is a sad state. I'm just trying to clear your misconceptions on the situation.

I also hate to say it, but i dont think there will be a patch any more. The doors were shut, staff are gone i understand (please correct me if i'm wrong on this). No-one will continue working for free. Finito. :(

Why not? The patch is in final testing, releasing it can only increase post-production sales and with them going bankrupt it can only help.

A very small percentage of income would be the PC versions so I doubt it would be because of piracy. I'd say 90% of people buy the game on PS3 or 360.

Last edited:

yap, not even cricketers work for free, like the good old days... !!! ask WI crickters!

Well, if this is true, then hopefully maybe a different company could employ all the AC09 staff, so they could make it there?

Oh come on.

1. The piracy teams, Razor1911, and many others, ALL are based outside India.
2. Piracy is not only big in India, but also in Pakistan, Bangladesh and other areas. Its there in China as well, but thankfully Chinese don't play Cricket.
3. It might not be as big (Due to the whole population difference) but it IS there in US and UK as well. Probably the numbers are very high in India because of the very high number of the population in the first place.

I'm not defending piracy in India, yes it is rampant, and it is a sad state. I'm just trying to clear your misconceptions on the situation.
Yeah have to agree piracy is more in china then india. PES 10 was available 3-4 days before release in China.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread