Tri Nations (Rugby League)

Wow what a Tri Series this has been. Had everything now and probably the first ever docking of points in the Tri Series. NZ now back to 0 and Fien is banned from taking part in the tri nations. Didn't see GB making the final but now they have a real good chance. Victory against the Kiwis will see them through if not they still have 2 games against Aus.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411749/878034

Good to see Hornby getting a go. It's nice how the selectors have stopped looking for a halfback who throw one or two good passes a game, eg Kimmorley, and pick someone who plays a well for an entire game. I always got mad when Kimmorley would get picked for Rep teams.

I always thought Kimmorley had a good kicking game, just behind Joey. I never took much notice of his passing game though.

Well that was it. It shows what these shocking decisions have done.

- Hornby should not be in the team
- Thurston and Hodges should have retained there spots
- Berrigan was nothing special at Hooker
- Smith should be starting hooker
- Lyons shouldn't have been in it too with Hodges form.

Absolutley brilliant contest from an English point of view. As soon as Long scored that try before half-time I knew we would win it. It's been a long time since i've seen such spirit produced from Great Britain and i'm overjoyed with this result. Well played Sean Long too, representing the Saints in the best way possible.

The Green and Golds were nowhere near top form, GB havnt got a strong team and really shouldnt have won but Australia didnt play well and you have to show your worth, and they did

Great Britain do have a strong team, it's just that as Australian's usually do, they underestimated us.

I think that England played a much faster game that Australia. They dominated the length of the match and that was enough.

It was a disappointing game tonight. The aussies really should have won quite easily but full credit to the poms, before tonight they had only won one out of the last eleven against australia so it is a huge turnaround considering the game was in sydney

IloveGilly said:
I think that England played a much faster game that Australia. They dominated the length of the match and that was enough.
There's a few people in this thread who have said England are playing in this tournament. Why?

Good win for Britain, Australia simply weren't good enough. The England cricket team arrive in Australia shortly, what better motivation for them when they pick up the papers in the morning?

I agree Andrew, it was nice to see Freddie give them a pre-match good luck as well. Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the Tri-Nations final on the same weekend as the first Ashes test?

evertonfan said:
I agree Andrew, it was nice to see Freddie give them a pre-match good luck as well. Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the Tri-Nations final on the same weekend as the first Ashes test?
Indeed it is.

I agree with the Long point; I've always been disapointed as a Saints fan to see him flop at International level becuase I know that his kicking game is amongst the best in Super League. Great to see him on full form today.

Users who are viewing this thread