Triangular Tournment : Ind VS SL VS Ban

Well played Bangladesh. Lots of positives to take out of this game. The batsmen are finally starting to apply themselves and aren't looking for boundaries every single ball. Imrul Kayes really impressed me (more so than Iqbal).

Kohli's putting a lot of pressure on Jadeja and Raina now. At the moment he's just a replacement for Sachin but I think Jadeja will have to sit out once Sachin comes back.
Yeah,maybe he will face the axe.But,he provides an all-round option and is in pretty good form as a bowler.Something has to be done of Indian bowling attack,really.Was amazed to see Zaheer having a go at Tamim Iqbal when he was hit for consecutive fours.I mean,how can you?Just being smacked and trying to show attitude?:facepalm Utter rubbish.

Great win, since we have 51/3 chasing 297. Our bowling and fielding is still shite but our batting has always been our fulcrum and continues to do so.

Best ODI batsman in the world ATM won us the game today, from a tough situation along with our bright future, KOHLI!

Yeah,maybe he will face the axe.But,he provides an all-round option and is in pretty good form as a bowler.Something has to be done of Indian bowling attack,really.Was amazed to see Zaheer having a go at Tamim Iqbal when he was hit for consecutive fours.I mean,how can you?Just being smacked and trying to show attitude?:facepalm Utter rubbish.

Yeah, Jadeja is one of my favourite players too. He has also worked on his hitting skills and has shown that he can now accelerate much better towards the end of the innings.

Man, we really have to do something about our bowling... I thought Zaheer would really boost the bowling line up but he's been one of the worst bowlers himself.

Australia do it so regularly when they are hit (even their weak bowlers do it). Maybe Zaheer reacted in the spur of the moment. Did he exchange words or was it just a glare?

Raina is not giving chance for selectors to drop him in favor of Kohli. Both are fighting it out so hard for that spot. Jadeja might end up as the sacrifice even though he looks to be a much improved player now with his bowling and batting (he has always been excellent in fielding)

India won. Wow.
Good batting by Dhoni and Kohli. Raina's six of the last ball of 46th over was worth to watch. Still bowling remains our weak point. Nehra should be dropped after today's performance. He is proving to be expensive every next match.

Maybe Zaheer reacted in the spur of the moment. Did he exchange words or was it just a glare?
Well,Aussies come back too.He did exchange words.It seemed as if he wants the batsmen to leave each of his delivery or to get out.Zaheer mate,they are also playing to win.What was worse that it was Zaheer.If it would have been someone else still it would be ok.But Zaheer?And he is the most experienced one:facepalm

It seems Dhoni said "Yuvraj was our best bowler today and thats not a good sign". Well MS, first you ring in the right selections in your bowling attack before you criticise or speak harshly about your bowlers. Why the hell was Nehra persisted and why the hell is Sudeep Tyagi persistently kept on the sidelines (Tyagi bowled very well in that abandoned game in Delhi). Being frank is one thing and trying to be frank is another thing. Make the right choices and then put in the criticism.

It seems Dhoni said "Yuvraj was our best bowler today and thats not a good sign". Well MS, first you ring in the right selections in your bowling attack before you criticise or speak harshly about your bowlers. Why the hell was Nehra persisted and why the hell is Sudeep Tyagi persistently kept on the sidelines (Tyagi bowled very well in that abandoned game in Delhi). Being frank is one thing and trying to be frank is another thing. Make the right choices and then put in the criticism.

Dhoni isn't really wrong in criticising our bowlers. Yeah, I agree with the Nehra part, but how will you explain the failure of our other frontline bowlers? Harbhajan, Zaheer, Sreesanth- all looked pretty ordinary today. (That's what I can make out after seeing their figures in Cricinfo. Yeah right, I couldn't follow the match as I had to go to one of my friend's house) Shouldn't a team, who has aspirations for the top spot, be owning a side like Bangladesh? Then how come we let them post something close to 300? And this is not the first time our bowlers have failed so miserably in a match. The thing has recurred itself again and again over the last couple of years. Such type of poor bowling doesn't fit with our big dreams of becoming the world's number one!

where did we go wrong? 20-30 runs short? then again, that was the highest score in 1st inn. in this series. batting power India couldnt put up this much vs weak SL bowling attack. Things seemed have gone all right, when it came to bowling too. 50/3!!

when it came to fielding, every 1 put their hands up and stopped everything. fielding was GREAT. You could tell that they really wanted to win this. every 1contributed, they came as a unit. then where did it go wrong?

LOL cricinfo wrote on their bulletin, "it was a flashback of best the 6s of WC07, hit by Tamim, so Zkhan didnt like it that much"

and Tamim kept playing that shot, trying to piss Z off. UV did well to cover 2 of the shots. and other 2 went for 4s. and after the 2nd 4 Z backed away, didnt say anything, even though Tamim "bumped" his hand into him again.

i was hoping he would get a 100, if he hang around, total could have been over 300

Well, sorry Bangladesh...guess its not over till its over. One thing though, its good to see BD scoring 250+ against top teams regularly. Its clear they have the skills to start winning now and get out of minnow-status, they just don't have the mentality to do it.

Kohli is shaping up to be Dravid's real successor. :D

Dhoni isn't really wrong in criticising our bowlers. Yeah, I agree with the Nehra part, but how will you explain the failure of our other frontline bowlers? Harbhajan, Zaheer, Sreesanth- all looked pretty ordinary today. (That's what I can make out after seeing their figures in Cricinfo. Yeah right, I couldn't follow the match as I had to go to one of my friend's house) Shouldn't a team, who has aspirations for the top spot, be owning a side like Bangladesh? Then how come we let them post something close to 300? And this is not the first time our bowlers have failed so miserably in a match. The thing has recurred itself again and again over the last couple of years. Such type of poor bowling doesn't fit with our big dreams of becoming the world's number one!

No, I am not defending our bowlers (I agree they are bowling crap). But I am questioning Dhoni's tactics to criticise them in the open when he hasnt made the right choices always in selecting his bowling lineup.

Can we get rid of Nehra or not? or is he paying selectors some bucks? For god sake play either tyagi or dinda. And what did praveen kumar and irfan pathan do wrong? They always give their 100% both with bat and bowl. Get rid of this crap Nehra. :mad:

boney_g added 2 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

No, I am not defending our bowlers (I agree they are bowling crap). But I am questioning Dhoni's tactics to criticise them in the open when he hasnt made the right choices always in selecting his bowling lineup.

Bhajji, Nehra and Zaheer arent noobs in international cricket. They all have 10 years of experience. And still if they cant even take wickets of Bangladesh players then they deserve every bit of criticism.

Bangladesh's bowling and fielding is better than india.:sarcasm

boney_g added 8 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Well, sorry Bangladesh...guess its not over till its over. One thing though, its good to see BD scoring 250+ against top teams regularly. Its clear they have the skills to start winning now and get out of minnow-status, they just don't have the mentality to do it.

Kohli is shaping up to be Dravid's real successor. :D

Let him perform outside sub-continent first. Indian fans.:facepalm:facepalm

Bhajji, Nehra and Zaheer arent noobs in international cricket. They all have 10 years of experience. And still if they cant even take wickets of Bangladesh players then they deserve every bit of criticism.

Bangladesh's bowling and fielding is better than india.:sarcasm

Let him perform outside sub-continent first. Indian fans.:facepalm:facepalm

He said "shaping up to be", he didnt say "Kohli has become Dravid's successor". So far, Kohli has displayed lot of maturity to bail the side out of tough situations. Of course it will be great if he can do it on tougher pitches, but seeing the way he plays, optimism exists that he can do it on tougher pitches too.

He said "shaping up to be", he didnt say "Kohli has become Dravid's successor". So far, Kohli has displayed lot of maturity to bail the side out of tough situations. Of course it will be great if he can do it on tougher pitches, but seeing the way he plays, optimism exists that he can do it on tougher pitches too.

That is where Rahul Dravid was unique. :)

Users who are viewing this thread