Triangular Tournment : Ind VS SL VS Ban

Wow, well bowled India. Restricting Sri Lanka to a score like 213 means that we have bowled very well today. Bowling has been our recent big weakness and I am happy with this performance. Mishra took 3 wickets? GOOD! Persist with Tyagi even though he didnt come up with a shattering performance. Finally Zak is finding his form and Yuvraj has been a very useful bowler in recent times.

Rohit must now feel happy that Karthik got good runs while batting. He needs to make use of these chances if he wants to stay in the side for long.

Virat 'Superman' Kohli.:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

deepuparayil added 15 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

So the winner of this tournament will be decided by the time of toss in the final.Both captains are going to think about cheats to win the toss rather than how they play.

Maybe not. I think SL might have had a good chance today had they not failed with the bat. The dew has been consistently reducing in amount as each game goes by. Today the dew was not as bad as the previous games and in every game, we say the same thing. Had SL put up a good total, they might have still had a chance. And we still have one more game inbetween the final and so, the dew factor might go down even more.

But yeah, batting second is the best option.

Virat is turning out to be a gun of a player. He's been ridiculously consistent of late and his current average of 50 proves that.

Found it difficult to post it in the right place? :p

India are in cruise control here, Karthik's off-side game is very loose.

Thought this was an appropriate place to put it. Maybe it could have gone in the fail thread :p

The way it looks in this series, the team batting first has to put up 300 just to make a game of it. That's pretty terrible.

Even 300 is not really enough, I would say somewhere between 340-360 is very much defendable but given the conditions in daytime, it's not gonna be easy to set up a target as big as that.

If India win the toss tomorrow against Bangladesh, I would like to see them bat first just so they can prepare themselves better in case they find themselves losing the loss and batting first in the final, like Sri Lanka did today.

Yeah, Dhoni should bat first tomorrow if he wins the toss. Bangladesh would do the same to make sure India enter the final unprepared for the eventuality of batting first (since if they lose the final, its better for Bangladesh who will face them immediately in a test series).

Keep Nehra out, keep Harbhajan out. Mishra did well today, and Tyagi was OK and needs more chances. I think MSD can take a rest and give Karthik the gloves (and bring back Sehwag in his place).

Who was that guy here criticising Dinesh Karthik? King Cricket? See this is how a non regular member of the team performs. ;)

Who was that guy here criticising Dinesh Karthik? King Cricket? See this is how a non regular member of the team performs. ;)

Hope he continues like this. I like Karthik, but I am not happy that he has not properly taken his chances and cemented his spot in the team (fails whenever he gets the chance, unlike this recent game).

The dew factor was slightly exaggerated today, if I'm honest. While it is true that batting second is much easier, it is not true that batting first is as arduous a task as Sri Lanka made it seem today. Until this match, the average first innings score was 271. Sri Lanka simply underperformed today and India bowled very well to restrict them to 213. India may have had it easier batting second with the dew factor but 213 doesn't pose much of a threat on many pitches and conditions (dew or no dew).

Hope he continues like this. I like Karthik, but I am not happy that he has not properly taken his chances and cemented his spot in the team (fails whenever he gets the chance, unlike this recent game).

Thats what i was saying. He isnt a regular member of indian team. He comes as a replacement for injured players. And he has performed very well in the last couple of months. Its good that there is so much competition in the batting department.

But our bowling is pretty weak. :doh

Users who are viewing this thread