Triangular Tournment : Ind VS SL VS Ban

Yeah, Dhoni should bat first tomorrow if he wins the toss. Bangladesh would do the same to make sure India enter the final unprepared for the eventuality of batting first (since if they lose the final, its better for Bangladesh who will face them immediately in a test series).

Keep Nehra out, keep Harbhajan out. Mishra did well today, and Tyagi was OK and needs more chances. I think MSD can take a rest and give Karthik the gloves (and bring back Sehwag in his place).

nah, Bangladesh might bat first, but it will be because of the reasons they batted first the other times. That they want to get good at putting on competitive totals, and batting after india have piled on 360 is a pointless experience for them.

however they might just have a crack at bowling given they've performed quite well with the bat this week and it might be worth genuinely going for the win.

come to think of it, i think SL batted 1st just for India. Sanga and UV are team mates. UV probably told him, "Sanga if you win the toss, please bat 1st". hmm...

And the whole thing looked kinda fishy, from Indian commentators from beginning of the match to Dhoni's comments at the toss. They all were talking about how or why SL-er batting first or "experimenting", when Sanga himself didnt comment much about it.

And when Sanga got out to UV..pfft what a act. "OH F**K on the stumps mic, scream, the glare.

well if my predictions are correct, then SL just brought a nightmare to themselves. Indians will play them in the final. And they are a lot harder to beat, when team like Bangladesh would just gift you the cup ;)

any who, may the best team win...ahem India!

Bangladesh look abit careless... shouldnt it be India?

Nice article on Rafique on CI. i was just talkin about him on the other thread

Really is the worst cricket I have ever watched in my life. Batting first the pitch is not that good, it's not even good enough for posting a score of around 280 and it's been getting slower as the tournament is progressing.

It's like when you're batting first, it's a 250 pitch and batting second it's a 350 pitch.

khalek added 16 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

I just checked on Cricinfo that Shakib has gone with 2 seamers again :doh

247/6, nowhere near good enough but good batting by Shakib and Mahmudullah though.

pretty good by bangladesh. rubbish start, gave their wickets away too, but able to consolidate and push on. been well impressed with them at this tournament.

disappointed india didn't attempt batting first.

I think it was a good decision to bowl first because it's good to be on a toss-winning form in this series and more importantly on a match-winning form, also India wouldn't wanna lose to Bangladesh. :D

248 is never going to be a tough score to chase on the pitch like this. However brilliant batting by Sakib and Mahamadullah in the final stage.
Bangladesh scored 97 runs in last 10 overs. Bangladeshi's bowlers will get experience and nothing else from this match.

Amiya added 0 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

I think it was a good decision to bowl first because it's good to be on a toss-winning form in this series and more importantly on a match-winning form, also India wouldn't wanna lose to Bangladesh.

agreed..

Shakib-Al-Hasan to hit a ton:banana2

good call. almost, but deserved it though. again, got out playing a stupid shot. He was set, should have just smacked it, like he was all the other time. Had to play that dumb weird looking scoop of his. at one point his SR was under 40. after getting 60 odd runs, he hit every 1st ball of the over for 4.

Tamim, Kayass, Ashfool, Rahim-fool all got out playing dumb shots. And get rid of the word 'shot' for Rokibul, b/c he was just stupid, standing that far out. or may be UV was just smart to pull something like that off. none the less, they all got out stupid. and considering where they were after 30 overs, they should be grateful to Shakib-Riyad.

95 runs on last 10 overs, only lose of 1 wicket (a big one) and that 1 wicket helped India to only give away 40-45 runs on batting PP.

MacLovin added 2 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Bangladeshi's bowlers will get experience and nothing else from this match.

LOL it will be over even before they could spell the word experience

though i am looking forward to seeing that new kid again. he was nervous on his 1st ODI, so i will give him 1 more shot

Shofiul Islam? He was good, consistently getting up to 136 kph and bowled a good line and length as well but Sangakara and Dilshan took the attack to him.

Much better than pace sensation tbh :p

Users who are viewing this thread