Problem: Unreal Stumpings

somekeystrokes

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Im facing a lot of problems while playing offline multiplayer.
Im batting, opponent is bowling with a spinner. He bowl wide on off side, but you dont get to know its a wide and you attempt a shot. The shot that the batsmen plays (or tries to play) is backfoot (or frontfoot) square cut. The ball doesnt touch the bat and goes into the hands of keeper. Keeper then tries for stumping and (somehow) atleast 40% of the times the batsman is off the crease(even when I press 'O' on ps3 controller) and is given out.

solution anybody?

I am having same problem when spinners are bowling

if you miss the ball, let the animation complete... do not press the cancel run key... i haven't been stumped since i started doing this

if you miss the ball, let the animation complete... do not press the cancel run key... i haven't been stumped since i started doing this

Does that mean we never press the O button unless we advance down the wkt? Coz I have been stumped off a spinner when I tried to play a regular shot and didn't press O.

atleast i hvnt been stumped when i didnt press the cancel button after a missed cut shot.. so give it a go

atleast i hvnt been stumped when i didnt press the cancel button after a missed cut shot.. so give it a go

I was stumped after missing a sweep ahot and a drive and I didn't press the O button either. Stumpings are pretty random TBH and you have no idea when the keeper will try to syump you.

Im batting, opponent is bowling with a spinner. He bowl wide on off side, but you dont get to know its a wide and you attempt a shot. The shot that the batsmen plays (or tries to play) is backfoot (or frontfoot) square cut. The ball doesnt touch the bat and goes into the hands of keeper. Keeper then tries for stumping and (somehow) atleast 40% of the times the batsman is off the crease(even when I press 'O' on ps3 controller) and is given out.

solution anybody?
I posted this in previous thread and they told not to press B (XBOX) which is equivalent to your O. I was stumped 8 wickets out of 11 in offline multiplayer and I was so irritated that I wanted to break this game. Stumpings stil happen which m sure is a bug but has been lesser due to following reasons:

1) Choose the right shot and foot movement. Foot movement (Left analog is the key)
2) If it is too wide, I leave it.. like real life where u wudnt bother to attempt the shot
3) I feel pressing B helps... not sure about others though!

But still there are times its frustrating where the stumping just happens where u play a backfoot defense and ur still stumped..In real life u wud want to come back to ur crease but the batsman jus poses.. hope @bigAnt fixes this in the next patch.. Hate it when I get out like this!!!

Canceling the run definitely helps... ive been stumped after leaving the ball, which definitely sucks!

Are you camped on the front foot when youre cutting?

Try setting up a little deeper in your crease before the bowler starts (down on LAS). I find I'm less likely to drag my foot out when I do this (although you can be more vulnerable to LBW as you're right back on ur stumps)

I always press 'cancel' if I go for front foot. I haven't been stumped for a long while( 0 after patch ), but oh well .. I never like to go down the wicket & charge!

I have NEVER been stumped.. not one time, and I play 95% of my shots on the front foot, and have never really moved my stance back into the crease. I usually ALWAYS 'cancel' run as soon as I know I've missed the shot and my batsman always crouches and slides the foot back into the crease further.. occasionally he'll spin around but always make it into the crease no dramas. This is both before and after the patch.

I have never had the AI wicket keeper or player block me or push me out of the crease. Any time I've contacted another player they push me sideways but never out of the crease and never block my progress back in. I think this is as I'm always quick to 'cancel' the run as soon as I know I miss contact.

I also haven't really had an issue with stumpings...

If anything I find that the keeper is a little too slow to take the bails off (especialy if the ball is a little wide) giving the batsman plenty of time to get back into his crease after he's come charging down...

I've also noticed this with the bowler and keeper on run outs making non-direct hit run outs non-existent.

Try setting up a little deeper in your crease before the bowler starts (down on LAS). I find I'm less likely to drag my foot out when I do this (although you can be more vulnerable to LBW as you're right back on ur stumps)

Moving the batsmen deep into the crease possible? let me try today!

I was stumped after missing a sweep ahot and a drive and I didn't press the O button either. Stumpings are pretty random TBH and you have no idea when the keeper will try to syump you.

I have been stumped a lot of times and replays always show that the foot was on the line when the keeper goes for stumping. However, the strange bit is that when you are bowling with a spinner to the AI the keeper always misses the first time he attempts to stump the batsman (i.e. when its not a wide and the AI has played a normal front or back foot shot).

----------

solution anybody?

Nope, i think big ant has to fix this in patch # 2

I have tried pushing the RAS up before the bowler bowls, it does help but then I seem to have been playing a lot more balls in the air. I may be exaggerating, but that how it seems to me right now.

Users who are viewing this thread