Update Later Today

So after a couple of days and about 14-16 hours with the new patch, I'm pretty bloody happy with how things are.

There's still a few animation quirks, the keeper fix is presumably coming on Monday and the AI's field settings are still a touch bizarre (and it would be nice to be able to have preset fields of your own) but otherwise, very pleased.

I still think its quite hard to play the slow deliveries from the spinners,a little bit more tweaking regarding this issue in the next update would be most welcome,i think that you will find the majority of dbc players will agree with this.

I'm 34 yrs old and I've been waiting for a decent cricket game my whole life
Well I'm twenty years older than you and I've been waiting for a good cricket game your whole life too ;) In fact, maybe even a little bit longer as I could reasonably claim to have started gaming back in 1976 (albeit not on my own computer). The biggest benefit that I'm going to glean from DBC is that I may never have to play another moment of FIFA (a decent rugby union game would have achieved the same effect too).

As to the value proposition argument, you also have to factor in what folk can afford. My son, having played a few hours of DBC14 on my gaming box, would love to own a copy for use on his own machine but the price is too steep for a mostly-unemployed 24 year old. We would love to play head-to-head so I may buy him a copy as a gift once the cricket season is over (no significant free time during the season what with umpiring on Saturdays and playing on Sundays). DBC has a long way to go to match Skyrim for cost per minute however, as between four of us we've racked up more than 1250 hours with that game, of which my own share is more than 550.

I still think its quite hard to play the slow deliveries from the spinners,a little bit more tweaking regarding this issue in the next update would be most welcome,i think that you will find the majority of dbc players will agree with this.

Agreed. That's one thing I would love to get fixed. Don't want to get dismissed off those loopy deliveries. The difference in speed between the fastest and slowest deliveries for a bowler should be no more than 15 kph. The whole point of change in pace should be to mess up timing to get wkts, especially when batsmen are slogging, but not to be used as a cheap tactic.

Agreed. That's one thing I would love to get fixed. Don't want to get dismissed off those loopy deliveries. The difference in speed between the fastest and slowest deliveries for a bowler should be no more than 15 kph. The whole point of change in pace should be to mess up timing to get wkts, especially when batsmen are slogging, but not to be used as a cheap tactic.
Yeah and I also feel the spinners still get too much drift. I have gone through my cricket academy and changed all the spinners drift skill, I have set the players I think should have the highest drift to around half of a full bar, this has worked out about right I think.

Yeah and I also feel the spinners still get too much drift. I have gone through my cricket academy and changed all the spinners drift skill, I have set the players I think should have the highest drift to around half of a full bar, this has worked out about right I think.

That's interesting as even with drift I still find spinners easiest to get away due to easiest to time

Max drift needed for me :p

That's interesting as even with drift I still find spinners easiest to get away due to easiest to time

Max drift needed for me :p
I don't find them too difficult to play, I mainly did it because I think the amount of drift spinners get looks very unrealistic. I think more spin, less drift would be ideal

I don't find them too difficult to play, I mainly did it because I think the amount of drift spinners get looks very unrealistic. I think more spin, less drift would be ideal
Yeah maybe drift based on the wind speed....Same should be for spin as the spin amount is not realistic...There have been pitches where I get no spin mainly because of pitch conditions, which is very well done but there should also be pitches where the ball turns square, getting beaten too often and edging a few....This will be challenging for us as well..[DOUBLEPOST=1409414712][/DOUBLEPOST]I had a funny weather report where the wind speed was 240 kmph....:lol

P.S:This was before Patch 1...

With having played roughly around 30 matches with this new patch( on pro & legend ), I am loving this game even more with the patch update. I tried both going blindly & careful playing mode - I certainly feel that our own mistakes in timing of the shot gets you out! It's so close to reality now with technique & patience giving you the reward that you deserve. Straight drives, cover drives and leg glances are absolute beauty to watch it on replay - SO SATISFYING feeling after hitting them.

It's very damn realistic in legend mode but my own enjoyable limit is only on pro mode for now. For some weird reasons, I am not liking pro camera in legend level though I always loved it in lower difficulties.

Spinners are very easily manageable in pro difficulty but however I get dismissed within 6 balls always against the spin on legend mode. It's too tough for me to read the spin on legend, needs more practice for me to improve on.

Overall, my addiction to this game have increased many levels further since the patch update. Really pity the console only owners here!

We are working on a console submission. There is no ETA.
Hi Ross. Are you able to tell us if an interim patch is still on the cards?

I know I'm not the only one who, as much as I really appreciate you guys working on a third patch and am trying to be patient, can't help but be anxious to see these changes to the batting mechanics that all the PC users are raving about.

We are working on a console submission. There is no ETA.

Will patch 3 roll out to PC before the consoles, or are you trying to get patch 3 console okayed before rolling it out to PC this time as to not give any platform a headstart?

Will patch 3 roll out to PC before the consoles, or are you trying to get patch 3 console okayed before rolling it out to PC this time as to not give any platform a headstart?
He was telling about an interim patch call it "2.5" to console as well before the Patch 3...So the patch 3 will go first to PC and if its ok then they will be submitting for the console which is the best way to reduce the mistakes as they can go with trial and error method in PC for getting the patch right....

Users who are viewing this thread