Update Later Today

Found a problem. First time i have seen it, so not sure if its something with this new patch or not.
Playing career and simming to player. It started raining with around 45 min to go on day 4. Then suddenly there was a extra day. As you can see on the pic it says match tied, however the match played on till the end and we got the win.
So not sure whats going on there.
I do see the usual Match Tied error while the match is still ongoing, but never saw the game reaching to Day 5.

Please put issues in the issues threads in the given format otherwise they may get lost.

This patch is not a fix-all, it has what is in the change notes, more patches will come on a regular basis.

I am glad most are enjoying the changes :)

Must admit loving the new update,just started a test match online,really enjoying it,well done big ant.

@BigAntStudios - Well, you guys seem to have had a good day (sales-wise) going by the steam list of 'Top Selling Sports Games' (Yes, I look it up everyday to see how DBC 14 is doing) - Am hoping the trend continues! Good job, all you guys over at BigAnt :)

got my career best score of 78 :)

its not the highest ever, but its success to me!

everything feels much more solid. Thanks so much bigant!

I just restarted a new career in pro difficulty only for this update, I should admit that I loved it at first sight. ;) I was able to play more freely like reality and can't wait for my long weekend to kick off. Thanks a lot @BigAntStudios;

My debut match after this patch : Felt short of 50, but more pleased with the way I played this innings.

Played a bit so far and I'm loving the changes to the defensive strokes - makes a huge difference in Sheffield Shield matches, where you can actually absorb pressure efficiently now rather than feeling like you have to make a stand lest you randomly get done 30-40 balls in - but the friction from the ground is a little high, I feel.

While in some real-life stadiums the ball gets held up from the first bounce - Etihad in Melbourne comes to mind, where the amount of sand around the wicket causes a lot of cuts and drives to hold up more than they otherwise would - I'm seeing a lot of cuts and pull strokes pull up short of the boundary, or begin trickling when they should be comfortably rolling into the fence, even if they're not exploding like a bullet.

What's other people's opinions on this? It's pretty important in career mode, since boundaries are the major source of improvement for your player (giving you a higher and much faster skills progression than playing normal strokes/defensive shots would). Otherwise I'm quite liking things so far.

Guys can you tell whether the GREAT WALL OF CHINA [bowler fielding] rectified??

Played a bit so far and I'm loving the changes to the defensive strokes - makes a huge difference in Sheffield Shield matches, where you can actually absorb pressure efficiently now rather than feeling like you have to make a stand lest you randomly get done 30-40 balls in - but the friction from the ground is a little high, I feel.

While in some real-life stadiums the ball gets held up from the first bounce - Etihad in Melbourne comes to mind, where the amount of sand around the wicket causes a lot of cuts and drives to hold up more than they otherwise would - I'm seeing a lot of cuts and pull strokes pull up short of the boundary, or begin trickling when they should be comfortably rolling into the fence, even if they're not exploding like a bullet.

What's other people's opinions on this? It's pretty important in career mode, since boundaries are the major source of improvement for your player (giving you a higher and much faster skills progression than playing normal strokes/defensive shots would). Otherwise I'm quite liking things so far.

It feels just about perfect to me. If I time the shot well, and to a ball that's "there" for the shot - it races away.

The ones that pull up short are generally not right in the slot, IMO.

It feels just about perfect to me. If I time the shot well, and to a ball that's "there" for the shot - it races away.

+1 to that.
Played a couple of t20 matches on veteran. I felt that the shot balancing is just right - if I try to hit willy nilly even the ground strokes would not go far or I would end up nicking it; However if I concentrated and played each ball on merit then I could hit the ball long into the field; The flow of the match feels more natural now.

Just FYI, we tuned the friction back, so the ball will actually gain speed (albeit not hugely) in the outfield.

Does bigant accept liability for divorce cases? I forsee massive spousal neglect in her near future.
(She'd say I haven't been around since the original release date though).

Welcome to my world, haha. Perhaps we need to start a DBC14 Support Group for near-divorced husbands? I let my brother in law borrow my PS3 disc the other day and I've had 3 missed calls from my sister and a fairly aggressive-sounding text message regarding his lack of husbandaring directly related to obtaining said game.

On the balance of things, I think I'd prefer the game this way anyhow - although I'd love it if my 17 year old was just a little more competent with the straight bat than he is right now! (Straight bat is really difficult to level up, I'm finding. Guess that's just something you have to work at all the damn time.)

If I'd started my career over, I'd have rejigged my skills completely differently, but that's another matter entirely. Loving the way the game has progressed so far.

Users who are viewing this thread