Update Later Today

Welcome to my world, haha. Perhaps we need to start a DBC14 Support Group for near-divorced husbands? I let my brother in law borrow my PS3 disc the other day and I've had 3 missed calls from my sister and a fairly aggressive-sounding text message regarding his lack of husbandaring directly related to obtaining said game.

Let's set up a support group for them...preferably meeting times in the evenings from 6 - 11pm so I can get in a few hours batting and give them more ammo.

Just FYI, we tuned the friction back, so the ball will actually gain speed (albeit not hugely) in the outfield.

That's intriguing, because that's not the experience I had this morning. I'll go home tonight and capture some footage - I finally have a night where I don't have to work, thank God - and go through it with a finer eye.

That's intriguing, because that's not the experience I had this morning. I'll go home tonight and capture some footage - I finally have a night where I don't have to work, thank God - and go through it with a finer eye.
Before this patch, the ball destined for the rope travelled half the distance in the air. Now ground shots start slowing down ( friction) much earlier, as they hit the ground off the bat.

Before this patch, the ball destined for the rope travelled half the distance in the air. Now ground shots start slowing down ( friction) much earlier, as they hit the ground off the bat.

Not necessarily, at least not in my experience (especially with the advanced ground strokes). They'd travel in the air at a low height just past the bowler, say, but I wasn't driving or flicking anything off the pads and having it hover like the match was being played on the moon. But what you say makes a lot of sense, that they'd lose a lot of the speed they'd otherwise have by going down a lot further. That's probably something I should have considered.

Incidentally, Big Ant have told us that the friction from the ground has been reduced so balls should speed up slightly as they roll along, so it'll be good to see how that goes on.

Guys can you tell whether the GREAT WALL OF CHINA [bowler fielding] rectified??

Surprisingly this seems fixed. I played quite a few majestic straight drives. The bowler now doesn't slide to stop the ball. They continue into their follow through. So unless you hit the ball very close to the bowler yes they won't act like the Great Wall. :)

Surprisingly this seems fixed. I played quite a few majestic straight drives. The bowler now doesn't slide to stop the ball. They continue into their follow through. So unless you hit the ball very close to the bowler yes they won't act like the Great Wall. :)

That's my experience as well. Spinners do better stopping the ball. But you can get it past the faster guys.

Mondy

That's my experience as well. Spinners do better stopping the ball. But you can get it past the faster guys.
Mondy
That's great to hear, the issue that affected me the most by blocking all those runs....

@Ross :Add that to the list as well...

Blocking, straight drives, leg glances, cover drives, cuts, pulls, etc. all go along the ground if timed well. Get your timing wrong and you'll be chipping a ball to a fielder, or if you're lucky, into a gap. Loving batting, played 4 IPL games and got runs, played a FC game on my other career and scored two 50's.

@Ross I take it there's no ETA for us console folk....? We know how people go crazy so I guessed not.

Dying to continue my career with this new patch. Looks like the PC users are loving it.

Good work sticking to providing us updates and making us the happiest cricket gamers in fkng history!

Ps: just a hint will do.......patch for consoles?
Months? Weeks? Days away?

My initial thought after playing a quick T20 batting...I like the increased ground friction, but it's a *little* too much. It seems like balls just die in the outfield. I don't know if this has anything to do with conditions, but the one innings I played seemed like it was too much for me, and didn't seem to affect the CPU at all.

Does bigant accept liability for divorce cases? I forsee massive spousal neglect in her near future.

(She'd say I haven't been around since the original release date though).

Ha ha!

That's not going to be a problem for me - I haven't seen my girlfriend in four weeks as she was away in Italy...

@Ross I take it there's no ETA for us console folk....? We know how people go crazy so I guessed not.

Dying to continue my career with this new patch. Looks like the PC users are loving it.

Good work sticking to providing us updates and making us the happiest cricket gamers in fkng history!

Ps: just a hint will do.......patch for consoles?
Months? Weeks? Days away?

No hint needed for this....
-PC members try the patch and report about patch good and which needs tweaking.
-If it get ticked on all the change notes then submission to PS3 and Xbox 360.
-Wait for the approval.
-Luckily if passed on first submission itself then we get the patch for consoles.
-If not passed on first submission then we have to console ourselves till we get the approval....

Users who are viewing this thread