Update Later Today

Worth keeping this post in mind though - the PC version isn't at 'patch 3' state yet, and seemingly not even close.

But still - do yourself a favour and get the game on PC.

Hoping for the best....I would love to have the PC version but will think of buying only when the price lowers...As of now happy with the PS3 version...

Yeah I must say Ive been holding off from buying this to get a decent graphics card. So with this latest update I will get the game really soon....but man $50 is expensive for a PC game, especially a Cricket game..it's one of the most expensive games on Steam only about $3 cheaper than the forthcoming "Witcher 3", thats a stretch for me especially after forking out the $$ for new graphics card and PSU

Really enjoying this. Playing on legend, just hit 36 which was really satisfying.

Two questions.

I have been batting without holding down the triggers (as it really annoys me that you have to do that). Seems that most shots go nicely along the ground, so does that mean the triggers are irrelevant for ground strokes? (I understand they are needed to defend and smash the ball)

I seem to be nicking off against the spinner quite a bit. Is that related to the triggers not being pressed?

Yeah I must say Ive been holding off from buying this to get a decent graphics card. So with this latest update I will get the game really soon....but man $50 is expensive for a PC game, especially a Cricket game..it's one of the most expensive games on Steam only about $3 cheaper than the forthcoming "Witcher 3", thats a stretch for me especially after forking out the $$ for new graphics card and PSU

On the front page right now:

Civilization: Beyond Earth - $89.99
Borderlands: The Presequel - $69.99
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - $75.59 ($83.99 when not on special)
Metro Redux - $49.89
The Crew - $74.89

In fact, at this time, including Don Bradman cricket, there are something like 259 items available at $49.99 or higher in my region. 259 items, there are developers tools in there, but the majority are games. There are 12 sports games in that price bracket or higher too. At $49.99 Don Bradman Cricket is, for the Australian market at least, not expensive in the slightest.

Really enjoying this. Playing on legend, just hit 36 which was really satisfying.

Two questions.

I have been batting without holding down the triggers (as it really annoys me that you have to do that). Seems that most shots go nicely along the ground, so does that mean the triggers are irrelevant for ground strokes? (I understand they are needed to defend and smash the ball)

I seem to be nicking off against the spinner quite a bit. Is that related to the triggers not being pressed?
Holding both triggers will play an aggressive ground shot, left trigger will be aggressive lofted shot, and right trigger will be defensive. If you mistime a shot with no triggers it can easily go in the air.

Two questions.

It's worth noting that the triggers are analogue, so you can actually have something between a defensive shot and a normal stroke.

On the front page right now:

Civilization: Beyond Earth - $89.99
Borderlands: The Presequel - $69.99
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - $75.59 ($83.99 when not on special)
Metro Redux - $49.89
The Crew - $74.89

In fact, at this time, including Don Bradman cricket, there are something like 259 items available at $49.99 or higher in my region. 259 items, there are developers tools in there, but the majority are games. There are 12 sports games in that price bracket or higher too. At $49.99 Don Bradman Cricket is, for the Australian market at least, not expensive in the slightest.
Ummm I dont know where you're looking or whether the prices you mention are in Singapore $, but:

Civ V Beyond Earth is $49.99, not $89.99 - This after you could get ALL the CIV5 games on sale for $29.99 a week ago. Has DBC's price dropped in the slightest or seen a week special like many of those games? no

Metro Redux is a 2 game Bundle for $49.89

The Witcher 3 - $53.99 and this game will only be released in Feb 2015

Most of the elevated prices you mentioned are for Gold or Special Editions and many of those prices are for games not even released yet...so thats not even a fair comparison. The Special Edition of DBC is available here in South Africa to the equivalent US$70.00, so there's that.

Perhaps its just been too long since I played PC games, but $50 is what I would expect to pay for a console game which is a couple of months old, not a PC game.

Ummm I dont know where you're looking or whether the prices you mention are in Singapore $, but:

Civ V Beyond Earth is $49.99, not $89.99 - This after you could get ALL the CIV5 games on sale for $29.99 a week ago. Has DBC's price dropped in the slightest or seen a week special like many of those games? no

Most of the elevated prices you mentioned are for Gold or Special Editions and many of those prices are for games not even released yet...so thats not even a fair comparison. The Special Edition of DBC is available here in South Africa to the equivalent US$70.00, so there's that.

Perhaps its just been too long since I played PC games, but $50 is what I would expect to pay for a console game which is a couple of months old, not a PC game.

He's looking the the Australian store, I think. I know in the NZ store Civ: BE is $89.99. I'd expect the other games he mentioned to be the prices he suggested.

Note that those $90 in the NZ store are US Dollars ...

New release games here in South Africa are not cheap anymore, you're looking at paying around R500 for a new game, just check Kalahari, Takealot or BT Games' pricing, Watchdogs R565, Grid Autosport R545, Fifa 15 R499, Even Lego The Hobbit is R430... most of the new releases are over R500. Gone are the days where you could pick up new released games (or even some that are a year old) for R300.

One cool thing (Online) last night with @MattW that I thought was worth highlighting, is he charged the ball it was a slower drifting spin delivery and blocked but the momentum of the ball and moving down the wicket pushed the ball out just wide of cover and he got a run. I hadn't seen that before, but there was some really cool physics at work where the ball reacted as it would in reality and moved a lot further out in the inner circle than just a regular defensive shot. I know there's been a bit of debate about the effectiveness of the defensive "pushes" to the outfield, but those wanting that sort of thing could try this advance --> block option as the timing from him was pretty good and it moved quite quickly out to cover and was an easy single.

Well, while I do admit that the price seems a bit steep for a cricket game, I also understand this is a unique game targeted at a niche audience. Has there ever been a cricket game before with a career mode, DRS system and the content provided in DBC 14? Not to mention that these are just not mere hacked and tacked on features, these actually have depth and are well implemented within the game; Also BigAnt developers are proactive in patching the game and really listen to the community's feedback - the support they provide for this game is exemplary. With that in mind, I dont mind paying the asking fee.

I understand that different people have different economic constraints and fully respect that, but for me this game is justifying its value. One way I rationalise this to myself is as follows : I pay 16 dollars (8 dollars per head for me and my wife) to watch a movie that provides me with one-and-a half hours of entertainment. I paid 50 dollars for this, and I'm already 65+ hours into it - It has already given me more value than watching movies ever would! I'm sure this game will soon be competing with (if not overtaking) Battlefield 4 as the game I have played the most (over 240+ hours) and that, to me, is a pretty sweet deal.

/ fanboyism over :D;)

Last edited:
If you love cricket then this game dbc14 is elite top-class and is/will be worth more,trust me.

Two questions.

I can't tell you for sure, but my experience has been that you want to use the triggers for ground shots unless the field is spread out. So I do think using both triggers gives you more room for error with your timing. I never use them when there are no fielders close by.

Users who are viewing this thread