Vista Theme

etho11

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Has anyone seen a them for windows XP which is the layout of Windows Vista. I have Xp and i was wondering if i could get it too look like Vista

There are 100's.

Just Google

Vista theme for XP

You'll get loads of hits.

you should search for Vista Transformation Pack...
Really cool... looks really like windows vista, doesnt slow down the system, u wont have to install any other software to run it...

it contains everything... boot screen, logon screen, wallpapers, screensavers, sounds, cursors, the startmenu is very vista like, and also, transparency (which can be incorporated by installing a software called glass2k...search on google.. very small file <100kb) i love the transformation pack, and i am currently using the same...

yeah, the transformation pack is really good. you can also get other good themes at crystalxp.net. they sort of look a bit vista-ish and are pretty good.

cheers for that mate im going to dowload it now

i used Vista transformation pack, but then after none of my browsers would load any webpage, one time, even my wireless internet wouldn't connect, something to do with D-Link,

it is a decent pack though :hpraise

right if i remember properly, your going to need a replacer to replace the old uxtheme with the new one, http://www3.telus.net/_/replacer/ . You will need to run the replacer and drag the new file into the program. Then it will replace it and i think you can keep the old one just in case something goes wrong.

Then once you have the old uxtheme one replaced, a pop up will come up saying 'OH NO A UNRECOGNIZED VERSION OF A FILE IS HERE, XP WILL EXPLODE IF YOU CARRY ON!' just ignore it and click cancel otherwise XP will just undo what you did.

YOU MUST RESTART YOUR COMPUTER AT THIS POINT!

Then, just simply place the theme into WINDOWS>Resources>Themes. I think thats how you do it. If not, i'm terribly sorry lol

The most common problem iv seen is svchost using like 200MB RAM and 100% CPU for ages lol. But still its rare. :p

Last edited:
Yea the replacer is what you need, I had the same problem took me a few goes before it finally worked.

Man I still cant do It...I dont get why I have to replace the uxtheme.dll

Users who are viewing this thread