Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGame

School Cricketer
In the corner of a dark room with nothing in it bu
Online Cricket Games Owned
About the bowlers...

Well,
Shane Bond has done pretty well, if he had the extra pace as Shoiab and Lee, but good control over line and length.
Brett Lee has done pretty well in the past but recently he has been losing his control over his line and lenght, I think it is mainly because he is working more on pace than control.
Vaas has done amazing, he has low votes mainly bacuse he has done well on home ground, if he were in australia and he had clicked there then he would have been competing with Lee and Shoaib here.
Pollock is an amazing bowler, good control over line and length, but again this fast world needs pace he hasn't got much.
Shoiab Akhtar, oh hell yeah!!! Amazing pace, not much control over line and length but when his bouncers come in it freaks the batsmen out...he has decided to work more on line and length which I think will help him alot. Against the Indians in the upcoming series he will have to work really hard, the indians are used to the yorkers now so Shoaib must give a good length ball, and if there is a little swing he will put the indian batsmen in trouble. But he will have to work really hard, the indian batting line-up is really tough, good luck to the Pakistanis...

Congratulations to the U-19 Pakistanis...

Last edited:

voy1d

School Cricketer
actually i would rate heath streak.

averaging just over 27, he doesn't deserve to be in the zimbabwe team, he's in a league of his own over there, easily one of the best quicks in the world and if he had the support then he would be even better.

my top five

shane bond (pace and control, and hey who doesn't like his inswinging yorker)
heath streak
glenn mcgrath
shaun pollock
shoaib ahkter

now i'm rating these on their ability to control the ball.

straw

Club Cricketer
I voted for Jimmy Anderson cause i felt sorry for him but he's not a bad bowler he just needs to get a into a good run of form then you would start voting for him.

slade

Club Cricketer
Pathan did well against The Pakistanis and looks like a promising prospect. Some the english bowlers look promising as well after watching the first test against NZ (jones, harmison). NZ lack any real pace without Bond though.

Darren

Club Cricketer
I never thought I would say this given the amount I slated him last year, but Harmison must now be up there! Currently number 2 in the ratings (Muralitharan number 1). Question must be whether he can continue his form though.

Leikvolls Wires

School Cricketer
Originally posted by vetts
Bond... give him a few more years and he'll without a doubt be the best kiwi quick ever.

I voted Bond as well but thats a bit of a big call vetts - did you ever see Hadlee?

I rate Harmison and Bond as teh games premier quicks today

samolion

School Cricketer
How did Lee get in front of Gillespie and McGrath that is a joke, did you see him bowl to India in Australia he was crap. Gillespie for mine only because McGrath getting on a bit now followed by Pollock. Here's a tip watch for Shane Tait in the future is a star on the rise in the fast bowling ranks for South Australia, fast beautiful outswinger and a off cutter Terry Alderman would be proud off, not bad for a man of 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread