Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trescothick

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well of course I'm a little biased.

But he's come so far over the last year/18 months. He was always a bowler of mass potential who could never seem to get it right. He really was quite frustrating.

He's now found his length, and above all consistency. He also keeps banging the ball in, attacking the batsmen, every delivery, rather than going through patches of just bowling it and hoping for the best.

He's taken more wickets, at a lower average, at a better strike rate than any other bowler in the world this year, by some margin too.

I'm not claiming that he's easily the best, there are a number of very very fine fast bowlers in world cricket. And the West Indies weren't the toughest opposition, but you can only bowl at who you're playing. NZ are no mugs, and the way he's bowled this year would trouble any batsman, regardless of where he's from. I'm really looking forward to seeing him attack India later in the summer, as they have some of the world's best batsmen.

Obviously everyone will have an element of patriotism in their decision, but if i could have any bowler in the world in my team, right now it would be Harmison. (the fact that he's from just up the road from me is completely irrelevant ;))

duffarama

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Brett Lee goes for heaps of run but still keeps his average down which is probably why Australia keeps him in the team because he takes wickets.
I can see your point about Harmison though. Good stuff.
From Duffarama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread