Story Watch India play a test series against New Zealand

Who will win the current tri series?

• Total voters
Relax bud. The way I see it, as long as the 'views' number keeps climbing, there must be something interesting about the thread to people.

It really is a great presentation BTW, but it would be awkward if we told you that everyday!!

Test Two - Will India bring glory that they deserve?

Test Two vs New Zealand - Will India regain the glory?

As the second test gets close to its starting point, one feels this is the best golden opportunity for India to beat New Zealand, take revenge for their 2003 reversal and finally get that elusive overseas victory which will be their first series win outside the subcontinent in 19 years (excluding series wins in Pakistan and Bangladesh!). Saurav Ganguly is presented with this opportunity again and he has improved India from losing all tests to losing only one or two tests overseas. Now he has to take that leap to make India win test series abroad. And herein lies the challenge for him. This test would be the one where his credentials as a skipper will be tested and one can see if he really has that ability to get a series win here!

13_11_2004_Ganguly12.jpg

After the victory at Wellington, India would be doubly happy. They did not play that well but the wicket at Wellington was utter horrible and not fit for even domestic level cricket. So, India wont be tempted to make too much changes to their line up. The wicket here at Christchurch is promised to be the opposite of Wellington, a flat Hard deck with runs loaded in it for the batsmen. NZB seems to have learnt their lesson as they have prepared a batting track that will allow the match to last the full five days (unless either of the teams play bad cricket to lose within five days!).

New Zealand must be surely disappointed at having lost at Wellington. Their home reputation is now at stake with India threatening to beat them for the first time in their own backyard. Its now time for Fleming and his men to regroup and attack even more!

The second test promises to be the clash that will challenge the best out of both teams. A sure shot finale for the Indian team who having been fighting to win a series outside the subcontinent!

indiancricketer said:
yeah nightprowler10 is right man it be awkward to tell you that everyday mate just relax it

Thanks for those comforting words mates!! I think I am judging the responses in comparison to my India-Pakistan thread which got so many replies. Anyways thanks for supporting me and my threads. Keep reading them and may be try to support them in the Best Story polls on this forum!

Last edited:
waiting for the second test match to start....Come on India:D

Kumble & Wiseman included in their respective lineups

KUMBLE & WISEMAN INCLUDED IN THEIR RESPECTIVE LINEUPS!

1479381fx.jpg
524716267tc.jpg

Anil Kumble and Paul Wiseman have been included in the final XI of both the respective Indian and New Zealand teams as the teams gear up for the second test starting tomorrow at the Christchurch cricket ground. Anil Kumble replaces Lakshmipathy Balaji whearas Paul Wiseman replaces Craig Mc Millan. New Zealand go in with three fast bowlers and two spinners on a wicket that is expected to aid enormous spin from the second session on the fourth day onwards!

Press conference with the Indian Captain!

Saurav Ganguly
GangPress.jpg

Reporter: Hello Saurav, first of all congragulations on your victory in the first test. How does it feel?

Saurav: Excellent! We have won a test here in New Zealand which is always like playing in a garden land. We are excited to win the first test and are confident of making it two in a row.

Reporter: How has been the days so far with your new coach, Greg Chappell?
Saurav: Its early days to say but from the time so far, he has just been awesome! I think the BCCI has found the right man to replace Wright!!

Reporter: This is going to be an opportunity for your boys to win a series outside the subcontinent in 19 years. How do you plan to go about the mission to achieve that?

Saurav: We have geared up for this occasion a lot and we are determined not to let past mistakes creep back in. Our team is really confident and is being instilled the need to yearn for a victory by our coach. We should win this one here!

Reporter: Your form off late has been picking up Dada!
Saurav: Oh! Thanks for that statement!! I feel I still need some way to go before one says I am at my best! Let me approach that period of time again!

Reporter: Thanks Saurav for this great interview. Wish you and your team good luck!

The Champ said:
ya looking forward to the 2nd tst may be we get a good wkt there, where there is equal context between ball and bat

thanks for posting champ.. keep posting... i wish this test is more exciting than the first one and keeps you guys entertained!

Wish to note here that this thread has 6154 views so far. As Indiancricketer pointed out, its the views which count and I am happy lot of people view my thread and that too often or else I would not have got this much views. Thanks to all for making my stories a success!

Last edited:
New Zealand bat first on flat batting deck!

GOOD START FOR NEW ZEALAND - BAT FIRST!

The second test gets officially underway at the Christchurch stadium today. OUr exclusive coverage has received the signals for the broadcast from Star Sports with Channel Nine together. Lets get down to the Star Sports broadcast pitch report.

pitch5cg.jpg

The pitch looks Hard and flat and should be a batting feast for both the sides. A draw seems the most likely result here as bowlers would have to toil hard for getting rewards. One thing that might bring a smile in the bowlers though is that the weather is is on the cooler side and some signs of seam movement can be seen during the test match! But all in all, a batsman's paradise. But the bowlers should not be upset as they received a shocking bowlers paradise at Wellington.

News has come from Christchurch that New Zealand has won the toss and decided to bat first. Fleming chose Heads and it was Heads. New Zealand bring in Wiseman for Mc Millan and India bring in Kumble for Balaji.

toss6nt.jpg

Lets tune in to our commentators, Barry Richards and Martin Crowe.

Barry Richards: Its a cool day at Christchurch and some great cricket to be played here, Martin

Martin Crowe: Yes Barry. Its going to be an exciting day of cricket at Christchurch today. The wicket looks flat and New Zealand who have won the toss, should have a ball batting on this kind of a wicket.

Barry Richards: What kind of a score do you expect from New Zealand Martin?
Martin; Something like 450+ would place them in the safest of positions from which the chances of losing dramatically cuts down!

Barry: Ok, so lets get underway. The New Zealand openers Sinclair and Fleming coming out. The Indian fielders are already out on the ground. Irfan marking his bowling run up. Sinclair takes his middle stump guard. There we go, first ball from Pathan which Sinclair defends!

Martin: A maiden over from Pathan to start with! New Zealand 0/0 after 1 over!

Common India!, u have the grt chance to win the series!,

Boss

New Zealand 149/3 after 50 overs!

New Zealand 149/3 after 50 overs

Stephen Fleming 69
A.Kumble 2/25

New Zealand started off well but were pegged back on their tracks by some skillfull bowling by the Indian workhorse Anil Kumble. Sinclair and Fleming had a good opening partnership before Sinclair was rapped on his pads to be given LBW to Kumble. Astle joined Fleming but didnt last long as he charged down the wicket and was stumped by Karthick off Anil Kumble just one over after lunch.

astleout7ug.jpg

Fleming played a very fine innings of 69 which had shots all over the ground. His dominance over the Indian bowlers was just spell bounding to watch. Some of his best shots were the superb on drive off Harbhajan and a straight drive off the same bowler which stood out in the day so far. But he was unfortunately out for 69 in the 50th over off the bowling of Irfan Pathan.

flemingdrive1so.jpg

flemingshot5np.jpg

Styris and Hamiss Marshall are at the crease right now. Considering the brittleness of the New Zealand batting line up, one can easily say that India are right back into the match. New Zealand now need to build the innings and not keep losing wickets or else they might be bowled out early within a total of 250 which would be an awful total on this kind of a batting beauty.

Users who are viewing this thread