WC 2007 Final

Well I'm not playing for Australia at the present so it doesn't matter. Bracken will cause great danger to Jayasuriya playing across the line of the ball. By all rights, he should be his bunny.

surendar said:
I have noticed several times, you want people to support only their national teams.... Just off the topic, i know that you support Schumi and Ferrari... he is a german.. Why is it so then :p You shd have supported only Mark Webber then.... :rolleyes: Its a sport.. as i have said before, there are people who love cricket and there are some who love only their team's cricket.

Hmm... your joking here right?
man3.gif

Btw I can't believe all the hate for us on here. Just wow, makes you think.

Their just jealous bro. I mean I wasn't even taking a shot at Tendulkar and they all have a cry.

Some of them are okay, but the majority are just jealous haters.

Let's just hope Ponting & his men do what they've been doing all tournament and that's been crushing the world, so we can shove it in their faces.

etho11 said:
Hahahahaha all use want Australia to lose. But they will always be too good as they have shown in the world cup underfeated.

Despite being a 'pom' I'm not sure who I want to win. On the one hand I'd love to see Sri Lanka get one over the old enemy, on the other hand I'd like to see the best team win.

It's going to be a cracking day and I can't wait.

Also, no probs Dean, Though, Trent Bridge is only a stones throw away from the City Ground. Notts County left their in 1910 and it even hosted an international match between England and Ireland.

Tomorrow is going to be fab :cool:

Spot on sureshot ;) Tomorrow night will be great. Im gonna try and do the all nighter which i haven't done before :cool:

Iam really feeling excited about the World cup for the first time since India`s exit !
I just hope it is`nt as onesided as the 2 Semis or the 2003 Final !

Get Punter and Haydos early, then Sri Lanka have a real big chance against the Aussie middle order who have not been really exposed to pressure situations and it will not be easy against Murali.

I reckon Gilly will have a big one so thats the top 3 you need to get early which is a huge ask. Hussey will be pumped and so will Clarke for there first WC finals. They are both quality players against the spin but i Murli might be to much for pup but Hussey will be a harder wicket to scalp.

Ponting_14 said:
man3.gif

As I've said before, it is a classic example of resentment towards a team that is better that yours. I experience it in lots of other sports, I'm sure that very few non Chelsea fans want them to win the Premier League again.

Murali's new plan for Aussies!
SRI Lankan spin wizard Muthiah Muralitharan yesterday revealed he had devised a simple but new tactic which he hopes will bamboozle Australia in the World Cup final tomorrow night.
Muralitharan, who sits equal second with Shaun Tait for most wickets (23) in the Caribbean tournament, says he will spend more time bowling around the wicket which he feels makes it harder for batsmen to read deliveries out his hand. "I'm bowling really well around the wicket a lot at the moment and that's a new tactic that can help me," he said.
"It seems that way you can't see which way the ball is going, so that makes it harder. So hopefully that helps me in the future and I'll take more wickets.
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,21624878-5003413,00.html

Beware Australian fans, Murali is coming with 'new' trick :cool:

Murli has always been a big threat but i will be interested to see if he will live up to his pre match hype.
He will get wickets like he always does but i dont know if he will be the Sri Lankan bowler that will shine.

Ponting_14 said:
man3.gif

I don't see anything as funny there.. Here after tell about Ferrari or Schumi, that time will see... ;) I will ask you the same question you have been asking others :) Support only Webber ok! :p

wfdu_ben91 said:
I mean I wasn't even taking a shot at Tendulkar and they all have a cry.

Where did Tendulkar came all of a sudden here :)

wfdu_ben91 said:
Bracken will cause great danger to Jayasuriya playing across the line of the ball. By all rights, he should be his bunny.

Yes, that is one of the weakness... But if he gets some quick runs like what Gayle did in CT final before getting out, pressure will be on otherway..its not necessarily that he should be his bunny...

Anyways, for SL to win this, they should first have a well planned strategy and next,importantly, they should do the basics right. For Aussies, their aggressive cricket is main plus point.

Sri Lanka need to bat first i reckon. And so do Australia. Whoever bats first gets a 65% chance of winning while the other team has a 35% if you ask me. That is as long as they are at least 0/40 off 5-10 overs then thats when those percentages come into play in the final.

Feelin Blue? said:
Spot on sureshot ;) Tomorrow night will be great. Im gonna try and do the all nighter which i haven't done before :cool:

The games start around 1:30 AM your time?

I'd get 3 hours sleep before hand and set your alarm.

Hey all Aussies! Give'us a hand aye? I live in WA, what time will the game start on Channel 9 or Foxtel (either? I got both)? Us over here in Aus are normally 3 hours behind AEST I think? Or might be 2 hours.

Feelin Blue? said:
Sri Lanka need to bat first i reckon. And so do Australia. Whoever bats first gets a 65% chance of winning while the other team has a 35% if you ask me. That is as long as they are at least 0/40 off 5-10 overs then thats when those percentages come into play in the final.
It depends what the pitch is like so bowling first can be good too.

Users who are viewing this thread