WC 2007 Final

I feel Srilankan should bowl first if given the oppurtunity... their bowling i reckon is more stronger and if Murali and Vaas can work their magic and keep the aussies under 280... they might have a chance as long as Jayasuria shows his class in the final

Oh I hope Gilley has had someone bowl inswingers at him in the nets at varying lengths! I really do hope so. Because if he gets out that way again in the all important final, I may just cry...well if we lose the match that is....

Ponting_14 said:
Btw I can't believe all the hate for us on here. Just wow, makes you think.
It's actually quite easy to believe, given all the arrogance... ;)

And here's your example...

wfdu_ben91 said:
Let's just hope Ponting & his men do what they've been doing all tournament and that's been crushing the world, so we can shove it in their faces.

etho11 said:
The past actually does. We have an enormous reputation coming into this match and i feel that Australia has been underated this World Cup but i guess tomorrow will determin the outcome of all this rubbish.
scoring a 100 in the last match means nothing,its about how you play on the day,it might give you a mental edge but at the same time there will be more pressure that comes with it.

etho11 said:
We have an enormous reputation coming into this match and i feel that Australia has been underated this World Cup but i guess tomorrow will determin the outcome of all this rubbish.
Where have Australia been underrated? As far as I can see every media source has been rightly praising them left right and centre.

And Aussies, we might be a little more welcoming to you winning the world cup if you weren't so arrogant and didn't think the final is a foregone conclusion as you do.

I didn't care who won before this final, I just wanted to see a good game or cricket but now I don't care how good the game is as long as Sri Lanka win. Its a bit unfair on the rest of the Aussies that the arrogant ones give them a bad name though

I don't know why people are hating on Australia so badly now? Just jealousy I guess? But I don't care, as long as they come back with the trophy, I'll be pleased:)

This would really cap it off too:

-2006 ICC Champions Trophy

-2006/07 Ashes Whitewash 5-0

-2007 Cricket World Cup

What a 6 or so months aye?

BTW: I dont like that sig mate.:D

Last edited:
Hooper said:
I don't know why people are hating on Australia so badly now? Just jealousy I guess?
BTW: I dont like that sig mate.
No its because you're all being arrogant. And good,I don't like all the Aussies being arrogant but I put up with it

Are those tears I see there mate? Just because England continue to disappoint? So we are "nobs" because we are confident in our teams ability? Thats just stupid.

You're not confident you're saying the result is all ready over. England being crap has nothing to do with it. Being Australian I guess you wouldn't know about what it feels like to actually feel dissapointment at a sport consistently and learn to deal with it so i don't think you're in a position to comment about it tbh. If i was still crying about Englands loss there would be a good chance i was dead as well given the fact there isn't an unlimited amount of water in my body.

Leicester Fox said:
You're not confident you're saying the result is all ready over. England being crap has nothing to do with it.

...Being Australian I guess you wouldn't know about what it feels like to actually feel dissapointment at a sport consistently and learn to deal with it so i don't think you're in a position to comment about it tbh.....

I know Australia is going to win, just look at the stats, form and the players in our team compared to Sri Lanka!? All-Round we have the right to be confident and look at the odds, pretty long odds for Sri Lanka, considering its the FINAL!

Yes England does have something to do with it, because as an England fan, you obviously don't like the Australians, so therefore your going to want Australia to play poorly and not win.

And yes, being an Australian who supports a variety of world sports, I have felt disappointment a lot. Soccer (Football)? Nearly qualifying for the WC in '98 and then blowing it felt like sh*t and getting crap from the poms at school all the time was pretty pathetic. But we didn't whinge and say "Bah...Screw the English I hope you get slaughtered by Brazil you pricks! So I guesss you could say Australians have felt disappointment at sport.

Hooper said:
I know Australia is going to win, just look at the stats, form and the players in our team compared to Sri Lanka!? All-Round we have the right to be confident and look at the odds, pretty long odds for Sri Lanka, considering its the FINAL!

Stats are nothing once you step into the field. Also, Lankans are not bad either.. This is where many many ppl are similar... It looks like, none of the teams other than Aussies knows cricket. Just one bad day for any side will lead to that team's worst experience. The way you play is going to matter which i believe both the teams are going to battle out with full potential.

From the experience of India, Lankans do have to recharge their minds with full mental toughness :p Don't do the mistake which India did i.e getting nervous in crucial finals. Be mentally strong and do the basics right.. It will become a tough contest.

sohummisra said:
It's actually quite easy to believe, given all the arrogance... ;)

And here's your example...

Well, except Ponting, other Aussie players are not arrogant i think ;) To me, Steve Waugh,Bevan and Gilli are gem of the characters i wud say.....

Hooper said:
Just ask South Africa :cool:

lol, thats what i meant too... SA's bad day, they lost :p That too, after looking at the way Smith spoke to media like, " we dont care or bothered to end in loosing side " or something similar to that, it seems SA didnt take that semis seriously itself and hence deserved to loose if thats the case.

Feelin Blue? said:
...Tomorrow night will be great. Im gonna try and do the all nighter...

Same, Can't watch the WC Final on a replay! lol. But its gonna be tough. Im staying up until 5 in the morning (its 4AM now). Then going to bed until, hopefully, 1-2-3pm. Wake up, have brekkie, and just act like a normal day! Hope it works though!

Users who are viewing this thread