WC 2007 Final

Living in American has it's benefits at last :)

1am in the morning for me so basically no sleep for over 24 hours.

aussie1st said:
Living in American has it's benefits at last :)

1am in the morning for me so basically no sleep for over 24 hours.
Lol.
The Windies tours are the only ones in which i can sleep. Any match that I want to watch thats anywhere else, it'll be an allnighter for me :D :cool:
Consider you guys lucky, but us in the US got the WC!! HA! :happy

In case you have missed it....
Shut up and mind your business, Moody tells Aussies
Bridgetown, Barbados, Apr 27: Fed up with Australia harping on Sri Lanka's tactical rest of key bowlers against them in the Super Eights match, coach Tom Moody has asked the Aussies to shut up and mind their business. ''Don't bother what we (Sri Lanka) did or what we are going to do, you (Australia) mind your own business,'' a furious Moody said.
http://www.newkerala.com/news.php?action=fullnews&id=23119

I feel Jayasuriya is the key player tomorrow. If he fires, it will increase Sri Lanka's chances of winning the World Cup. But the big question is will he fire tomorrow.

And I am expecting Maharoof tomorrow in the line-up. Too bad that Atapattu couldn't play a match. They could have used him in the matches that didn't matter.

ZexyZahid said:
I feel Jayasuriya is the key player tomorrow. If he fires, it will increase Sri Lanka's chances of winning the World Cup. But the big question is will he fire tomorrow.

And I am expecting Maharoof tomorrow in the line-up. Too bad that Atapattu couldn't play a match. They could have used him in the matches that didn't matter.
I think the bowling will also be a large part. If Australia get anywhere near 280-300, I think they would have the match in the bag (assuming they bat first, of course).

Hooper said:
Hey all Aussies! Give'us a hand aye? I live in WA, what time will the game start on Channel 9 or Foxtel (either? I got both)? Us over here in Aus are normally 3 hours behind AEST I think? Or might be 2 hours.
It starts at 11:00 PM EST so it would be 1:00 AM WST.

Leicester Fox said:
Hooper said:
BTW: I dont like that sig mate.
You're not confident you're saying the result is all ready over. England being crap has nothing to do with it. Being Australian I guess you wouldn't know about what it feels like to actually feel dissapointment at a sport consistently and learn to deal with it so i don't think you're in a position to comment about it tbh.
You know Australia do play other sports as well as cricket. Perhaps you've forgotten the Rugby World Cup? In fact, there's the Ashes and the CB Series (to a lesser extent). We don't win EVERYTHING. And whilst you are right to say that no one should call this match a foregone conclusion, if you're going to call us knobs, spell it right.

The thing about this aussie arrogance is, if any other team dominated the game like we do now their fans would probably have the same attitude most likely be perceived as arrogant as they'd get so used to winning like we do.

I don't like the idea of Clarke being named the next captain after Ponting. For me, his to much of a pus. I mean did you see what Chris Gayle did to him? His a cat. What do you think someone like Steve Waugh or Ricky Ponting would've done in that situation? Steve Waugh didn't back done at all to Curtly Ambrose.

Who should be captain then? has to be a young player because thats the way australia always chose their captain. Id like Clarke as the next captain

So is Ponting resigning? If he's not then the circumstances of the new captain will be decided in about 5 years, so it probably will be very different choice.

The Media said that Ricky Ponting was going to be a future australian captain since he was 15... He was at the AIS being taught how to dodge bouncers and he was hitting them everytime Michael Clarke has the same thing since he was 18

Clarke was labelled as a future captain yesterday by John Buchanan. It means nothing of course, other than the fact that he is a contender, which we already knew. Personally I'd like to see Cameron White considered, his captaincy skills are excellent, and in a few years time I'd expect to see him a regular feature of at least one form of the game. I also like Marcus North, he's got good captaincy skills as well.

srilankans have the talent to beat them.its all gonna come down to how confident they feel out there.

Users who are viewing this thread