West Indies in Zimbabwe/South Africa

south africa have a good chance now,windies would like to add atleast another 40-50 runs to feel a bit comfortable.

south africa have a good chance now,windies would like to add atleast another 40-50 runs to feel a bit comfortable.

yea 30-40 runs would be ideal but i doubt that the west indies tailenders can put anything together.

west indies called up Patrick Browne the Barbados keeper, Clive Lloyd said it was to take some work load of Ramdin but i think that he wants some competition for Ramdin. without another WK in the squad Ramdin probably feels that his place in the 11 is secure even when he doesnt perform that well.

Absolutely shocking decision to give Kallis out, sickening.

Absolutely shocking decision to give Kallis out, sickening.

it's funny, this game been going on forever and i guess you were praying and hoping for a good outcome in SA favour after losing 4 early wickets. Kallis gave you some hope ?

SA doesn't desrve to win this, and there was a sound. You can't tell for sure what happen.

This has been a bright spot in my day today. Great performance by the Windies so far.

SA really underperformed in this test, Windies looked to have come to SA with good intentions. Excellent bowling.

it's funny, this game been going on forever and i guess you were praying and hoping for a good outcome in SA favour after losing 4 early wickets. Kallis gave you some hope ?

SA doesn't desrve to win this, and there was a sound. You can't tell for sure what happen.

Its been going on forever?? 3 days? After losing 4 early wickets yes Kallis would be a good hope, He is one of the best Batting All Rounders in the world. Im sure if WI went 4 wickets down you would hope Chanderpaul would do it for you!!

West Indies have had a great test match but they are still vulnerable in the batting deperment. Morton has no hundred and averges under 30. Samuels has performed really well in this test but really needs to get hundreds and secure that middle order spot for his own. Chris Gayle has looked back to his best I feel. he's striking the ball really well and the West Indies would really want him firing to give them the start they need at the top of the order.

only 3 players on the west indies sqaud average more than 30 which kind of explains why they havent won a test up to now.

but im really happy with this win, everyone played at their best. the bowlers were great, everyone steped their game up a few notches to beat a team that everyone expected them to lose to by a innings.

Taylor really impresed me with his bowling he has been acurate and his pace has been consistantley over 140 km/h.
Only thing that i would have done diferently is give Sammy the ball more, he is going to be agreat all-rounder, but i gues you cant have everything at once.

great win for the windies,hope this starts an upward tide for their cricket.

The West Indies have a fantastic amount of raw potential and could really do well. I'm not saying they'll be world beaters but they could vastly improve on their current ranking position.

Despite having a 4 pronged seam attack, all the bowlers are different, even the fasties. Taylor has a very front-on action, high arm, steep bounce, good pace. Darren Powell traps the ball back at you, always following you. Fidel has a freakish action that's hard to pick with skiddy bounce. Sammy has good accuracy and line and length consistency at a lesser pace.

If they could get some consistancy in their batting they'd become a very handy side.

yea i hope that John Dyson can do with the west indies like he did with Sri lanka before he left. he really set that team up for tom moody, and at the current moment west indie have alot more talent than Sri lanka had back then.
he really has some good young talent to develop into great players, also a few good experience players.

West Indies performed extremely well agianst a very good SA team but I can't shake off the feeling of a one off. Their batting without Chanderpaul and Gayle is very suspicious and there isn't one bowler of note if i'm being honest.

Nontheless, well done West Indies!!!

Nah, Windies outplayed us in this test, well done the West Indies! I'm sure however that the proteas will be back !(hopefully with a few changes)

Well done West Indies. I'm so glad to see them win a test after so long. :)

They outperformed SA in every department really and deserved it fully.

A lot of the SA players looked massively undercooked. Must have been complacent and gone in rusty. Steyn especially was WAY different to against NZ. His pace was down 10 km and his accuracy was bad. e had period of brilliance but couldn't keep his consistency like he did against NZ.

Users who are viewing this thread