West Indies in Zimbabwe/South Africa

Another two quick wickets now, this time by Steyn and is on his hattrick ball. So far Lewis isn't doing too well, so maybe Sammy would have been a better choice :p

Steyn is on for a hattrick now. And he doesn't get the hattrick, because Taylor survives.

Nevertheless South Africa is turning the match towards them.

Last edited:
Another two quick wickets now, this time by Steyn and is on his hattrick ball. So far Lewis isn't doing too well, so maybe Sammy would have been a better choice :p

it's good to see SA supporters finally able to say something.

If west indies get over 250 that will be a good score. Talk about a poor ground and pitch, ohwell runs won't be easy to get.

And i can't wait to see edwards and them bowling.

Two wickets successively for South Africa. West Indies need to get at least 300 to put the SA batsmen under some pressure.

I feel they should of still gone with Sammy in this test to someone who has a bowling average of 380 odd. The West Indies such of selected Dave Mohammed since he looked a good bowler everytime I saw him and would fit it in very good in this side since he can also bat as well.

i think that Dave Mohammed is still injured, and he hasnt played any competative cricket in a longs time.

Bad day for west indies, Bravo and Ramdin failed to support Chanderpual after Sammuels fell. But on the bright side they still have Chaderpual at the crease and he is one of the best batsman when it comes to batting with the tailenders, he needs to keep going and add atleast 30-40 runs with the tail to give them a chance.

Also it might be Steyn thats getting all the atention but its been Ntini thats been getting all the important wickets, he did so in the 1st test and did it in this one with the wickets of Samules and Bravo.

Steyn back among the wickets. Chanderpaul doesn't cease to amaze. Too bad he couldn't get a 50 in the last innings. :(

S Chanderpaul still out there.
D Powell is a decent batsman when he is ready i can remember when he score 40 something runs in the world cup.
Let's hope He can make a decent score. For me 300 runs would be good for W.I.
I hope and pray West Indies wins this 2nd Test, since Our Test status is very bad in recent time, we haven't win a Test series in a long time.

I would have thought the injury to Edwards would be trying for them, but Bravo seems to have brought them back into this with two quick wickets; two batsmen on zero now at the crease.

That's the SA bowling attack we have come to know in the past, Steyn sure is in good form as is Chanderpaul and Samuels.
Windies are fighting back now, have SA key batters out via Bravo and Taylor.

man you have to feel for Edwards, he cant play a year without geting injured. hopefully when he gets healthy this new fitness coach can keep him on track. i guess you can expect Sammy back in the 3rd test atleast i would have him in the squad but they might play Pedro Collins.

it's funny listening to these commentators.

SA wasn't even in a commanding position but they were already singing on SA setting a huge target for west indies. And at the same time Kalis was only on 30 which is lower than west indies lowest top score - chris gayle 46.

When i think back that west indies were about 180 for 3 ? then they collapsed it's just funny to see SA commentators being so sure.

and look what happen. good bowling by bravo resulted in two well deserved wickets. Amla should have been out ages ago, he was playing the ball in the air an armlenght away from the guy at gully. Like seriously ?

I really don't think this game will be an high scoring game, and batsman will get out if they can't score.

SA batting is shocking to say the least.

Players such as Amla and Prince(the most boring and irritating batsman ever) are just not good enough at this level... MacKenzie gets his just reward for his efforts in first class cricket, and what do they do? make him open the batting!!! Yet, Dippenaar is averaging over 50 in first class this season, he is an opening batsman and is overlooked.

I shake my head...

Boucher and Prince are looking good in the middle, since Bravo was taken out the pressure has gone off. cant count on Lewis to get any wickets, i really want to know who the guy is that selected him in the final 11.

Gayle needs to bring himself on and bowl a few overs.

Boucher and Prince are looking good in the middle, since Bravo was taken out the pressure has gone off. cant count on Lewis to get any wickets, i really want to know who the guy is that selected him in the final 11.
That would have been the selcting panel that decided it but it baffels me too as to why he is playing with an average of over 300.

Gayle needs to bring himself on and bowl a few overs.

If you had watched any of the W.I First Innings you would quite clearly of seen that Gayle was in alot of discomfort and could barely run. He looks to have done something to is Hamstring. He looks to have come into the game with this problem. Thats why Edwards and Steyn have both gone off

Users who are viewing this thread