West Indies tour of New Zealand

A big victory for New Zealand then. Ryder and McCullum set it up with a blistering opening stand. They lost their way in the middle but a couple of meaty blows from Franklin towards the end lifted them to 191. Windies lost Gayle early and it was always going to be difficult from then on. Sarwan struck a useful 50 and Pollard did his bit but wickets fell at regular intervals as the visitors fell 36 runs short eventually.

Just wondering Yogy, why do you give a summary of the game after each match? It's not like anyone here doesn't know what's happened....

Watching McCullum bat was immense. I love seeing him bat, especially in OD cricket. I love the bat speed he gets behind his hook. Taylor banged it in short at about 143k's and McCullum just rocked back and smashed him for six. Unbelievable to watch. What a player.

Watching McCullum bat was immense. I love seeing him bat, especially in OD cricket. I love the bat speed he gets behind his hook. Taylor banged it in short at about 143k's and McCullum just rocked back and smashed him for six. Unbelievable to watch. What a player.

Agreed, McCullum is an absolute treat to watch.

MOTM Was Ryder. Nothing better then watching both Ryder and McCullum go at it full flight. They're the key wickets for WI to get in the ODIs along with Taylor. After them we have a few newer players and no Styris so it might be exposed a little

I agree with this 100%. Sometimes it can backfire on him but when he gets it right he is incredible.

Oh.McCullums Hook Shot> All

MOTM Was Ryder. Nothing better then watching both Ryder and McCullum go at it full flight. They're the key wickets for WI to get in the ODIs along with Taylor. After them we have a few newer players and no Styris so it might be exposed a little

Oram?

1st ODI team

1.Ryder
2.McCullum
3.Flynn
4.Taylor
5.Broom
6.Oram
7.Elliot
8.Vettori
9.Mills
10.Southee
11.Patel

Also how well did McCullum look yesterday, looks like he is getting some of his form back.

the only change I would like to see is Ramdin being left out. Yea he scored 30 or so runs in this last 20/20 but his overall form has been awful and now his keeping has fallen of. Baugh is a much better WK and probably batsman at the moment, Ramdin lost all his confidence and needs to be dropped for a good period of time to play some domestic cricket if he is to be the future WK for WI. In the meantime I don't see a problem with Baugh keeping or Fletcher because Fletcher really seems like a good player for the short game.

I have a feeling that Nikita Miller will get owned in the ODIs and that it was a huge mistake to send Benn home after the tests and 20/20s.

How long do you guys think it will be before Greg Hay gets a shot in the team. He averages >40 in all forms of the game. Although he has only played 20 FC games

Dare; said:
the only change I would like to see is Ramdin being left out. Yea he scored 30 or so runs in this last 20/20 but his overall form has been awful and now his keeping has fallen of. Baugh is a much better WK and probably batsman at the moment, Ramdin lost all his confidence and needs to be dropped for a good period of time to play some domestic cricket if he is to be the future WK for WI. In the meantime I don't see a problem with Baugh keeping or Fletcher because Fletcher really seems like a good player for the short game.

I have a feeling that Nikita Miller will get owned in the ODIs and that it was a huge mistake to send Benn home after the tests and 20/20s.

I will agree with you on all counts, Ramdin needs a good, long break to get himself back to the Ramdin of old, and to caution him that West Indes Cricket is not his father's estate or an inheritance left for him, he has been giving us (WI) some real bs play in the last 12 months.

I would give Fletcher (the millionaire :p) a run, so yes it would be him and Baugh, he (Baugh) is a bit more accomplished keeper than Ramdin, with both gloves and bat.

And yes Miller will be made into couple Kiwis bunny, sadly, I feel for Benn a little bit, the lazy 6-8 frame did alright in the 20/20, and has a better FC OD record than Miller but of course Miller is from JA so.
Since we do not have Mohammed up there, who has a better FC OD record than both of them, then I guess it will be Miller time. I wish him well.

Yea Dave deserved a shot before Miller. Mohammed got dropped too early and wasn't given chances even tho he kept performing in domestic cricket.

I heard Tony Cozier saying something about Fletcher not being able to play domestic cricket this year because he didn't play for his club. He wasn't able to play for the Windward Islands in the FC OD competition that just ended because of that. WICB need to do something about this because he is too big of a talent for WI cricket to be left behind.

And a bigger blow for WI cricket. Carib Beer ended its sponsorship of WI First Class. Huge blow for WI cricket, didn't have a sponsor for the domestic 50 over competition, Stanford pulling back and not Carib Beer.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/westindies/content/story/384557.html

Last edited:
How long do you guys think it will be before Greg Hay gets a shot in the team. He averages >40 in all forms of the game. Although he has only played 20 FC games

He's having a horrible season and is looking like a one season wonder at the moment, He's not even in the Central Districts side either at the moment. He needs to get back in thee side and string together a few good consistent seasons in domestic cricket.

He has had a very poor start to the season if it wasn't for that I think he would already be playing.

Good turnout in Hamilton as normal other teams always seem to struggle against us there.

Users who are viewing this thread