West Indies tour of New Zealand

Why is Ramdin VC?

lol cuz the people in charge of WI cricket are stupid.
They choose to put more pressure on a guy that cant even play. But to tell you the truth I don't see anybody else who could do it. I wouldn't like to see Shiv as the VC because he already has enough pressure on him because he is the only really good batsman we have. I wouldn't like any of the bowlers especially Fidel and Taylor because of the same reason, pressure. Sarwan doesn't want it and until Bravo comes back I guess the best choice is Ramdin. I'm sure once Bravo comes back he will be named the VC.

I'm looking for the youngsters to perform. It seems to be over for Powell and Baker took up his spot in ODIs and Powell is actually a better ODI bowler than test. Might be a lose for WI but Powell was given enough chances and dint really use them.
Marshall batted really well in the 1st ODI, he changed his game according to the teams needs and I'm pleased with that. Pollard, Ramdin and Chattergoon need to make some runs to secure a spot in the team.

Well they can all play with their chances, once Bravo comes back and Marlon's ban is done, they must be on both starting XI in test and ODIs.

Well they can all play with their chances, once Bravo comes back and Marlon's ban is done, they must be on both starting XI in test and ODIs.

I don't know about Samuels. He has been gone for a while and he doesn't even play domestic cricket. Who knows what kind of form and shape he will be in.

I'll be there to watch it live tomorrow. Should be good.

Weather will be a concern. It will rain but it's forcast to be just showers and hopefully it clears. I wouldn't be surprised if the start was delayed or we have a rain interuption at some point but i'm pretty sure we'll get a full game in.

According to Cricinfo Chanderpaul may not be able to play the second ODI either... I won't get to find out as I'm going camping for the next week :)

WI will then miss Chanderpaul,he is a very fine bastman.

Nice day this morning. A bit of high cloud around but it's nice and warm and no rain. Hopefully if it does rain it will be very light. Looks good for a game.

NZ have lost early wicket,McCullum gone,for NZ they need a good partnership here...

NZ batting steadily here,Ryder has 2 sixes in his 20 runs,he needs to stay there

Raj_Aryan added 4 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Rain once again has interrupted the game...

man I hope the ICC see this and don't schedule tours in NZ during this time. These teams are evenly matched and there could have been some great cricket if it wasn't for the rain.

NZ weather has always been unpredictable it is normally fine around this time of year just playing in the far south is more of a risk (Dunedin/Queenstown).

Looks like the covers are off and we might be having a 30-35 over game.

Last edited:
Exciting match is going on. West Indies need 46 runs from 30 balls and they've got 5 wickets left. Sarwan is still out there.

Users who are viewing this thread