West Indies tour of New Zealand

It's still exciting. 18 runs from 12 balls needed.

Ramdin practically won the match for West Indies with his two fours. They took 14 runs of that over and only need 4 runs of 6 balls.

Southee to bowl the last over again.

Sarwan took a single on the fifth ball of the last over. West Indies won by 5 wickets.

Last edited:
Great game! I don't think using Patel at the death was the best idea Oram had an over as well but I think the main problem was our batting again we lost wickets just about every other over and couldn't build partnerships.

Wellington up next lets hope for some better weather but as a former local I would never put money on it!

Good to see the West Indies winning again.

Nice to see Ramdin make some runs, but I'd like to see him kick on and start to make some 50's and hundreds in the tests instead of 20's and 30's. He has time on his side, I hope his batting improves because the West Indies really need it.

New Zealand seem to be heading downhill fast now, it will take a few years to recover from the mess Bracewell caused, from what I hear some of those experienced batsmen who left the scene in the last few years would have played on if not for their idiot coach.

Last edited:
West Indies take a 1-0 lead in the series (finally we had result),close match,both teams are quite evenly matched....these two teams have entertained in bot hT20's and also ths ODI match...Sarwan played a controlled kknock 67 runs which had only 3 fours and 1 six.

NZ need to win all ODI's now if they have to win the series,because 1st was washout,now only 3 remaining...lets see what happens..

man I hope the ICC see this and don't schedule tours in NZ during this time. These teams are evenly matched and there could have been some great cricket if it wasn't for the rain.

Christchurch had 4 30degree hot days in a row and the one day it rains is the day the cricket is on. It's just bad luck. Freak storm.

You TV watchers have no idea how bad the weather was today. I was much worse then what was forcast and hung around longer then it was supposed to. I guess the bad weather always tries to watch a game of cricket whenever it can. The fact that there was any play was amazing and I think on 90% of the World's international cricket grounds it would have been impossible to play any more. The outfield had just been relayed and drained like lightning and the ground-staff did a great job to get it able to be played on.

It rained heavier then i've seen for a very long time and hailed.

Now onto the game. It was a thriller, I always love close games. However Patel bowling the second to last over was a bad idea. Firstly, spinners having to bowl so late is very difficult on what was a pretty good batting pitch. Second the ball was hard to grip. I saw Vettori and Patel constantly drying the ball with a towel probably due to some dew and maybe a little bit of moisture in some areas off the playing field. Oram had an over in the bank and he was going at only 5 runs per over. His wicket was a beauty too, cut in a mile. Was a huge mistake which cost us the match in the end. Other then that Vettori's captaincy was good (batting powerplay was maybe a mistake too, Oram did well in the first over of it mind you), so it ruined his day a bit.

Our fielding was again top-notch. Hardly a mistake. Hats off to Sarwan, he rode his luck and played very well. Was patient and it payed off.

West Indies won a crucial toss. I think the first 7 overs we had to bat before the rain really hurt us. The 5 runs we got from D/L didn't make up for the 22 less overs we didn't know we wouldn't have to bat, so was a great toss to win and rightly called.

A good day none the less. I'm very confident we will win the series still because the West Indies hardly won convincingly even though 158 was a pretty easy total. Chattergoon, Marshall and Pollard don't look any where near international standard.

Hats off to Kyle Mills who I think is very under-rated. He has all the tricks, slowerballs, yorkers, decent faster bouncer, cutters. He deserves his spot at 6? in the ICC bowling rankings. He's become a very good bowler in powerplays and at the death for us.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread