who's the most arrogant cricketer of alltime?

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
And that makes him a bad person off the field ? Forget all the work he does for charities, hospital visits, the blatent closeness he has with his family, KP is far from a bad bloke off the field. He is one of the most talented cricketers in the world, he has the right to have a degree of arrogance. Viv had it, Warne had it, Boycs had it and KP also has the cocky arrogance about him, it makes him the player that he is. He may make a few silly comments off the field, but that doesnt make him a bad bloke off the field, he just seems like a genuine nice bloke from what i've read and seen.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
Who said arrogant people can't work in charities and visit hospitals ? He has said some rather stupid things in interviews, time and time again.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
He's honest.

He is very arrogant but I still love him because he seems a nice bloke and gets on well with the dressing room.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Pietersen is a bit arrogant and he gets on my nerves a lot. But is he the most arrogant cricketer of all time? Not a chance.

At least KP has a right to be arrogant, unlike Sreesanth who is just an up his own arse arrogant little twat who is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I actually think Yuvi is one of the more arrogant blokes going around. Just a gut instinct, though.

Yah, I feel the same.

At least KP has a right to be arrogant, unlike Sreesanth who is just an up his own arse arrogant little twat who is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

Like Mob said, he just gets carried away in the moment. he's a really, really, really nice guy off the field. He's just aggressive.

Last edited:

CoolzEng45

Club Cricketer
Pietersen is bit arrogant but he is just talk honest in interview what he think is it. Also when he is bit arrogant was help him for improve his batting and aggressive. But He is team player.

Ricky Pointing is too arrogant i think so

Sureshot

Executive member
I know being Australian and Arrogant is very similar, but I think some people are mixing the two...

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Graeme Smith, Sree Sreesanth, Shane Warne

Sree Sreesanth & Harbajan Singh.
Warnie was to but, he had the goods to back it up 10 fold.

C'mon people. It is not Sree Sreesanth...

Sreesanth said:
"It’s Sreesanth. There is no Shanthakumaran Sreesanth, there is no S. Sreesanth. There was this function recently where they called me Sree Sreesanth, then Sree, and finally S Sreesanth. It’s just Sreesanth."
:p

You make this point often that Sreesanth is not a good cricketer. But on the contrary, he has 46 wickets in 11 Tests and is the fastest bowler that India has ever produced, he has oodles of potential (still shouldn't play ODIs though, but that is another story). People also call him arrogant but in interviews, it is clear that he is not. His favourite team is Australia, he sledges them almost to impress them, like a kid. He knows that he would not beat Symonds in a fight ("It would take the powers of spiderman"), he sees sledging as a part of cricket and he is certainly not picking an arguement because of a nature off the field. It is hard to explain, but I have read/heard interviews from him and he is always first to credit the opposition and almost undermine his own talent.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I'd like to remind everyone that arrogant isn't a right. It's just a rude behaviorism. Even if you're the best batsmen in the world, if you're arrogant you're still just being rude. For example, Tendulkar is quite far from arrogant. If he was arrogant, I doubt he'd have as much support.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I haven't called Sreesanth a bad cricketer. Not once. Just because i'm saying he isn't as good as he thinks he is doesn't mean im calling him bad.

Pietersen is a lovely guy off the field as well, yet when Dan uses that to defend him it's laughed off. I'm sure Sree is a nice man, but he's still a twat on that pitch. Glenn McGrath behaved badly on the pitch but he had the world class ability to back it up; Sree does not.

Manly

Thor
Viv Richards seemed arrogant whenever I see him on the telly playing (archives, obv.) but he had a reason to be arrogant. One of the most successful Windie cricketers ever imo.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I dont think that's a debatable comment, he is one of the most successful cricketers ever, and probably the most successful West Indian ever, although Everton Weekes and Clive Lloyd give him a run for his money. He definetly had a reason to be arrogant, i'd be that arrogant if i was as good as him.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I haven't called Sreesanth a bad cricketer. Not once. Just because i'm saying he isn't as good as he thinks he is doesn't mean im calling him bad.

He does not think that he is good. He sledges because he feels that he needs to - it is an insecurity on his part.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
I dont think that's a debatable comment, he is one of the most successful cricketers ever, and probably the most successful West Indian ever, although Everton Weekes and Clive Lloyd give him a run for his money. He definetly had a reason to be arrogant, i'd be that arrogant if i was as good as him.
Being the best doesn't give one the right to be arrogant about it.

Users who are viewing this thread