who's the most arrogant cricketer of alltime?

Youve probaly only ever seen one. And that was probaly when the India media questioned his integrity.

To win you have to be confident, you have to belief in you abilities. Without it you'll lose.

Perfect example is cricket bowlers, when they dismiss someone they celebrate (take Brett Lee and Pathan for example) they then follow this up by being extremely confident and steaming in, this arogance can be applied to anything, and with it comes results.. its pretty simple.

well he behaved like a kid,i mean when somebody asked him if he grounded a catch,he just lost his brains if that is not arrogance then i am sorry,

i have never seen such a press conference in cricket

allthough i liked it,i mean you have to be arrogant about one fact that nobody should be able to beat you

well he behaved like a kid,i mean when somebody asked him if he grounded a catch,he just lost his brains if that is not arrogance then i am sorry,
I totally disagree, if i was a sportsman and some punk from the media questioned my intergrity then I would act the same way. At least Ponting was man enough to put the reporter in his place. You have to understand press conferences are pleasent for players, and when some twat questions your charachter then he derserves everything which is thrown at him.

I totally disagree, if i was a sportsman and some punk from the media questioned my intergrity then I would act the same way. At least Ponting was man enough to put the reporter in his place. You have to understand press conferences are pleasent for players, and when some twat questions your charachter then he derserves everything which is thrown at him.

well he had grounded the ball as he later apologised to the person so
whats the point in showing off

well he had grounded the ball as he later apologised to the person so
whats the point in showing off

He apologized? When? He didn't show off, just defending himself. Anyway dont worry, im not the biggest fan of Ricky Ponting, although he is a awesome batsman, I'm still stuck in the Steve Waugh days :( man i miss him!

Sree Sreesanth & Harbajan Singh.
Warnie was to but, he had the goods to back it up 10 fold.

who's the most arrogant cricketer of alltime?
for me NEL,GAMBHIR.

Preposterous.
Gambhir-arrogant ? He is the most soft-spoken cricketer you will have ever met.

Going through this thread,i find that many people are linking arrogance to aggression.

For me,the most arrogant of all-time has to be Glenn McGrath.

How about WC Grace ?

Preposterous.
Gambhir-arrogant ? He is the most soft-spoken cricketer you will have ever met.
How about WC Grace ?
Gambhir is a very rude person i liked Gambhir but after i saw him against Pakistan in last ODI series where he used abusive word against Shahid Afridi.

The most arrogant yet untalented cricketer ever to play Test cricket is none-other than Faisal Iqbal. Seriously this guy talked so much crap to English batters when Pakistan toured here but always failed to perform.

I agree with this. His smack talk to Tresco was disrespectful to say the least. At least have someone proven at Test match level chat to him. He was a waste of tresco's time and I'm surprised he didn't take a few swipes at Iqbal at short leg to swat the little, annoying, pesty fly that he is.

Boycott, KP, Warne, Yuvraj are/were incredibly arrogant.

Kp annoys the hell out of me. Even though he is the most important player in the team, he just knows it too well.

Last edited:
Kay P ! That guy is so arrogant, it's funny. I'd forgive Sreesanth and Nel because, as has been mentioned, they're fast bowlers and get carried away in the moment. Off field they're nice blokes.

Pietersen on the other hand....

Pietersen's not a nice bloke off the field ? Do you actually have any proof for that statement at all ? KP may be arrogant, but from reading his Autobiography he seems a really genuine, nice bloke. He cares massively about his brothers and his parents, and shows great affection for his Missus. He's had alot of flak in the past, notably from the South African quota scheme, but also from Jason Gallian when he was at Notts. KP seems like a cracking bloke off the field.

Users who are viewing this thread