Wimbledon 2007

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Still hasn't won back-to-back matches since last October. I thought that he clearly didn't have the stamina to make it today - he was totally gone in the final set. That said I would expect Lopez to lose in round 3 as he looked a bit too one-dimensional and over-reliant on his serve.

hassan

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
First Pakistani to appear in Wimbeldon for ages... Querashi done the nation proud by beating Childs in 1st round and a good fight vs Safin today

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Henman's problem isn't his ability, it's his consistency. When he's playing well, he has a chance of beating anyone. Today's match is a great example, he blew Lopez away in one set and fell apart in the next.

I certainly wouldn't refer to him as 'crap'.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
I certainly wouldn't refer to him as 'crap'.

Definitely not, I hate it when people call him crap. He's been very unfortunate in some ways in his career. Four semi-finals at Wimbledon, a semi-final at the French when he had no business getting that far, and a semi-final at the US Open. At Wimbledon, he met Pete Sampras in two of his semi-finals, Goran Ivanisevic (three times a finalist) in 2001 and Lleyton Hewitt (world no.1 at the time) in 2002. Each time he lost to the eventual winner when he reached the semi-finals. Those are also three massive names in Tennis, and in Sampras' case, a true legend.

Henman has 11 singles titles to his name, has been as high as world number 4 and has been Britain's only class player for years and years, so please, no one else say he's crap. He has made the absolute maximum out of his ability and style of play. Not only is his age against him now, but, unfortunately, players who play like him nowadays just won't succeed.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Those questioning his stamina, hes played for days on the trot hasnt he?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Besides his serve, he comes to the net well, and plays some really nice cross-court shots.

He went cross-court way too often. Didn't seem to want to hit it down the line. Henman was able to get across and in position for the pass way before he hit it.

wolf

International Cricketer
Tim Henman lost to that absolute nobody.

He's crap.

Jeez, do you actually no anything about tennis? Just the day before you said that you were praising him, and now you just put him down again.

If you knew anything about tennis, you would know Lopez is not a nobody, he is a decent player.

You are clearly just a person who only follows tennis at Wimbledon, not the rest of the year.

If you don't know anything about the subject, don't post about it. SCRAM.

WCC_bowler

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Still hasn't won back-to-back matches since last October. I thought that he clearly didn't have the stamina to make it today - he was totally gone in the final set. That said I would expect Lopez to lose in round 3 as he looked a bit too one-dimensional and over-reliant on his serve.

Plus Jo Tsonga is a grass machine and is 12-1 on W/L this year, he impressed me at the start of the year agaisnt Roddick in Australia, where he blew him off he court :eek: well nearly :rolleyes:

Expect him to reach the Quarters

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Jeez, do you actually no anything about tennis? Just the day before you said that you were praising him, and now you just put him down again.

If you knew anything about tennis, you would know Lopez is not a nobody, he is a decent player.

You are clearly just a person who only follows tennis at Wimbledon, not the rest of the year.

If you don't know anything about the subject, don't post about it. SCRAM.

I do know quite a bit about tennis, and I don't just follow it at Wimbledon - I just had a very, very bad day yesterday and I wasn't in the best of moods.

No, Tim Henman isn't crap. You don't get to four semi-finals in the biggest Grand Slam if you're crap. His problem is his consistency, yeah Stevie's right. It's just the way he played in the first set should have set the tone. He blew Feliciano Lopez away in the first few games of that first set, then lost it. He fought back to take it to a final set and fell apart.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hingis really should have skipped this tournament just didn't look up to it.
Gotta love the post match interviews
"Do you use stiff strings in your racket?" - reporter
"No, I try to steer clear of stiff equipment" - Sharapova

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Damm and Paes Are Really Getting Fired Up Now.Last match,the referee has called a great and an accurate shot as OUT!.the server Paes Really Got Mad At the Referee and almost shouting at him for a minute arguing....and that was the match point.Later,the game went down as un-expected with a followed tie Break and With Much Control Damm Had Too Had an Effect on the Terrible and Wrong Decision Made by the Referee and was kicking the ball and getting it a Head-butt with his Bald and Beautiful Solid Strong Head.Often,The
Defending Champs Raged Up and Smashed the Ball so Hard that It Easily Reached 209-225 Mph Speed.Paes couldn't Control what has happened before
with the Point and Got so much Anger That He Often Channeled His Anger To the Right side to the Fans Which Was An In-Direct Scolding to the Referee sitting in the Top-seat In the Left-Side.
Later,D.Damm and Leander Paes Went To WIn the Match 6-7,6-3.6-7.Paes
Too is A Good-Human and Kind at heart and Shaked Hands With The Referee As if they Were Awesome Buddies! and The Defending Champs Won The Sopt to the Third Round In Wimbeldon Men's Doubles Championship.

WOW!I Think I Can Appoint For the News-Team Member Again!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread