Yuvraj or Laxman ?

I think we do not need Kumble, Ganguly and laxman in Test matches anymore. If these guys cant last 1 day of ODI how can they last 5 days of Test match.
Ganguly and partially Laxman I agree with but Kumble we definitely need. If nothing else, he can bottle one end up, which is something our other bowlers seem incapable of doing.

Ganguly would be the likely one for the push. He's not been in the type of form to draw a parallel with Yuvraj. Yuvi has far outstretched him. Ganguly is a liability in the field, ground fielding, not catching, he's generally got a decent pair of hands. Ganguly also carries a lot of baggage in terms of ex-captaincy and he generally has quiet a disagreeable personality with some.

Dada is Prince in his own right and is doing decent in Test matches guys. Top scorer among oldies in last 2 series.

I do not see Dhoni taking field in test match after his injury today. well Yuvraj will finally play now.

Yeah, obviously Karthik taking the gloves.

Dada is Prince in his own right and is doing decent in Test matches guys. Top scorer among oldies in last 2 series.

But it's not all about how well he's doing in comparison to the "oldies" it's how he's doing compared to how he should be doing/how the younger players are doing.

Yeah, obviously Karthik taking the gloves.

Dinesh Karthik taking the gloves would be brilliant, it will also give Yuvraj a return to the game batting low down the order with only the expectation to perhaps score a fifty at the tail end of the innings.

Karthik is an able keeper and anyone questioning whether he can open and keep need to realise that he is a fit young man and many keepers batting at seven have to keep after a long innings with the bat, but no one questions that.

Dhoni must be rested for at least one test for the greater good. He may seriously injure himself, one day.

Yeah, it was quite amazing that a keeper batsman got into the Indian team, solely as a batsman, but yeah, Karthik is quite a different proposition with the gloves compared with Dhoni. Dhoni only became a keeper because he was goalkeeper in his younger days or something along the lines, and Karthik has raw wicket keeping skills, should be good watching him keep to Kumble in the final days on dry patches, if the situation comes up.

I personally dont think yuvraj is ready for the team. The middle order is firing, why change it? The top order is a slight problem but the england series showed mettle. Kartik held his head, why change. The pakistan series can be used to test possible players.

i would go for yuvraj but are they really going to drop laxman before the test in australia given past heroics. Also he has a massive average against them. It wouldn't make sense to drop him for pakistan and then bring him in against australia. Yuvraj could well play in this series (and the aus one) but I don't think he'll start the 1st test in either.

i would go for yuvraj but are they really going to drop laxman before the test in australia given past heroics. Also he has a massive average against them. It wouldn't make sense to drop him for pakistan and then bring him in against australia. Yuvraj could well play in this series (and the aus one) but I don't think he'll start the 1st test in either.

We do not live in past its now that counts. In last game at Jaipur Yuvi was best batsmen in bowler friendly conditions also.

Surely Test matches are not Dhoni's kind of game, but he is still a handy batsman.if he is given the responsibility to keep the scoreboard ticking, he will play with caution. however we cant expect him to be as patient as Laxman or Dravid, they are briliant test cricketers.and it is unfair to underestimate Dhoni by looking at his previous scores. he scored 187 in an ODI , so its not impossible for him to learn to play like a proper test cricketer.

Yeah, it was quite amazing that a keeper batsman got into the Indian team, solely as a batsman, but yeah, Karthik is quite a different proposition with the gloves compared with Dhoni. Dhoni only became a keeper because he was goalkeeper in his younger days or something along the lines, and Karthik has raw wicket keeping skills, should be good watching him keep to Kumble in the final days on dry patches, if the situation comes up.

Can he open and keep though, is the question.
Sehwag may be seeing some light, here. :(

Users who are viewing this thread