India's Tour of Sri Lanka

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yahh!! at last a historical win for Indians Mendis did troubled us in test series but not in ODI :D Jay Dhoni !!Jai Bharat!!

International Coach
well done by the young indian team beating the lankans against the odds.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
My respect for Dhoni grows with each day.

He really is something very special with the bat. He seems to score runs pretty much every game. His judgement of how quickly to score, depending on conditions and strength of bowlers is outstanding.

Zaheer really has improved, as an ODI bowler, in this series. He may not be the bowler for flat decks, but when there is assistance for the bowlers, there are few to match him. It is also good to see Munaf Patel finally reach his goal (as read in an interview of him) of being an accurate ODI bowler at 130-135kph. Will be interested to see what his aims in Test cricket are and if he can reach them. Kumar was disappointing in this series and I am upset to see him continually fail with the bat, despite failing at even India A level whilst opening; I have no doubt he will be able to bounce back with the ball though. Harbhajan also bowled well today and it is good to see him settling into the spinning role in ODI cricket.

Badrinath has now two failures in a row, but I am sure he can bounce back and there is enough strength in his fielding and the batting around him to give him a 10 ODI tenure before his credentials are rechecked. Of course, he will likely initially get the boot when Sehwag and Tendulkar return; but he'll likely be back before we know it. Raina has come of age well and looks the finished article for ODI cricket; doing very well in the IPL, plundering the runs on the flat decks in the Asia Cup and a good fifty today on a toughish wicket. Virat Kohli's runs have come as a shock to me and although I don't support his selection, he has done well. He is flamboyant in strokeplay but the talent is obvious - a good taster for him for ODI cricket, but I wouldn't keep him in the team once S&T return.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Stop fighting with me. I am thinking of good for you people. :D

Biggest liability though (He equals 5 himself alone)

(IMG)http://www.cricketfundas.com/munafpatel3.jpg[/IMG]

He he.. I didnt see anything to prove that Munaf has improved in his fielding. But his bowling looks much better than before. The laziness that I saw of him before has reduced quite a bit (though maybe not as much for him to be a permanent fixture of this side). I still prefer Sreesanth over Munaf Patel.

@ Rohit: Praveen on unresponsive pitches? R u sure? Today he didnt get much response from the pitch or the conditions (didnt swing for him) and he looked listless to me (he was punished hard by Jayasuriya).

saisrini80 added 4 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

He really is something very special with the bat. He seems to score runs pretty much every game. His judgement of how quickly to score, depending on conditions and strength of bowlers is outstanding.

Zaheer really has improved, as an ODI bowler, in this series. He may not be the bowler for flat decks, but when there is assistance for the bowlers, there are few to match him. It is also good to see Munaf Patel finally reach his goal (as read in an interview of him) of being an accurate ODI bowler at 130-135kph. Will be interested to see what his aims in Test cricket are and if he can reach them. Kumar was disappointing in this series and I am upset to see him continually fail with the bat, despite failing at even India A level whilst opening; I have no doubt he will be able to bounce back with the ball though. Harbhajan also bowled well today and it is good to see him settling into the spinning role in ODI cricket.

Badrinath has now two failures in a row, but I am sure he can bounce back and there is enough strength in his fielding and the batting around him to give him a 10 ODI tenure before his credentials are rechecked. Of course, he will likely initially get the boot when Sehwag and Tendulkar return; but he'll likely be back before we know it. Raina has come of age well and looks the finished article for ODI cricket; doing very well in the IPL, plundering the runs on the flat decks in the Asia Cup and a good fifty today on a toughish wicket. Virat Kohli's runs have come as a shock to me and although I don't support his selection, he has done well. He is flamboyant in strokeplay but the talent is obvious - a good taster for him for ODI cricket, but I wouldn't keep him in the team once S&T return.

Dean Jones noted something of Kohli today that I agree with. He gives positive signals to the opposition with his body language. Everytime he misses a ball or everytime he plays a shot that he did not intend to play, he reacts in negative fashion which is almost like cursing himself on why he did it. But I feel he is a very good prospect for the future, and he will definitely be India's star if he can keep the good work going. He has batted well the whole series ( he got starts, and today he converted them into a 50).

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

My respect for Dhoni grows with each day.

Personally I feel he is as good as Saurav Ganguly in inspiring his team and having that aura around him for his team-mates to respect him and follow his words. He can be India's best ever captain (hoping that he keeps up this work).

nikhil_99

International Coach
Dhoni binds a winning ODI package

From the day he landed in Colombo, Dhoni stressed the past should be left alone and the focus should be on the task facing his side. He admitted Ajantha Mendis would be a threat but said it was up to the individual to handle him. He stressed on the importance of the batsmen to back themselves to score briskly, despite the setbacks. India's recent record in the subcontinent included losses in the finals of the Kitply and Asia Cup, which Dhoni termed as "crucial games", and he hoped to rectify that trend. This match was a final in itself, and India held their nerve to win it.

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/slvind/content/current/story/366531.html

Great win India!!! Congratulations on winning 1st ever cup in SL,it was really pleasent to see winning India in SL.

nikhil_99 added 1 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Jayawardene blames inconsistent batsmen

Mahela Jayawardene, the Sri Lankan captain, blamed inconsistent batting for his side's defeat in the ODI series against India. Sri Lanka needed to avoid a loss in the fourth ODI to stay alive in the series, but went down by 46 runs, handing India the trophy with one more match left in the contest.

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/slvind/content/current/story/366540.html

I hope India wins the last match too.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
India will try to win the last one but Jaya & Co. will come strong we will see a tough match tomorrow?

khalek

Panel of Selectors
What a great captain and player Dhoni is. He already has helped India win so many series. Good bowling by Zaheer and Bhajji but I think Munaf's bowling was pretty ordinary, don't know how he got wickets those wickets. Well the culprits of SL's ODI series loss are Sangakarra, Silva, Dilshan and Murali and who was that umpire who gave Kapugedara out? Such an unprofessional decision.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
What a great captain and player Dhoni is. He already has helped India win so many series. Good bowling by Zaheer and Bhajji but I think Munaf's bowling was pretty ordinary, don't know how he got wickets those wickets. Well the culprits of SL's ODI series loss are Sangakarra, Silva, Dilshan and Murali and who was that umpire who gave Kapugedara out? Such an unprofessional decision.

He had fractured his Right Finger Commentator said he may need to go for a operation..

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Congratulations to india, enough said, i'm sick of this tour!:p..

India2011

Club Cricketer
What a win by India. Once again, the bowlers have done the job when only two or three of the batsman performed.

I think that Yuvi should be definitely dropped. He's had enough chances. The problem in India is that names mean too much. We seriously need him to go.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I think that Yuvi should be definitely dropped. He's had enough chances. The problem in India is that names mean too much. We seriously need him to go.

How very fickle of you. Yuvraj Singh is in a form slump but considering the 2005-2007 period, in which he scored 2975 at 46.48 (strike rate of 86.43), he perhaps is due one bad ODI series!

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Dhoni is selfiah. He never bats like this in Test matches where he is not captain. :p

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Maybe because he's not a very good test batsman.

Cricketman added 1 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

How very fickle of you. Yuvraj Singh is in a form slump but considering the 2005-2007 period, in which he scored 2975 at 46.48 (strike rate of 86.43), he perhaps is due one bad ODI series!

Or maybe because the period you mentioned was the peak of his career and he has since diminished. He failed in the CB Series, the IPL, and now in Sri Lanka. The only good tournament he has had was the Asia Cup where the pitches were batting paradises. His fielding is bogus. At this moment in time, he doesn't warrant a spot in the ODI team.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
If he plays like this in test he will be successful. There he bats in his usual carefree style. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread