South Africa in England

India2011

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
What a game, what a series by England. Kevin Pieterson seems to be going the same way as Dhoni - drastically leading his side to the top. South Africa must be humiliated, but England have looked unstopable.

Other than the Kevin Pieterson revelation, I htink that England would be releived to have finally found a very quality keeper who is a good batman and can also keep, in Prior

Sureshot

Executive member
Wow England win again. SA really isn't turning up.

I think having to bat in Twenty/20 style worked better for England than South Africa who were batting for 39 odd then 33odd. Must disrupt the plans somewhat.

Which is why we have D/L. Simple fact is that South Africa have batted shoddily throughout the series. AB had an S/R of about 40 and neither Boucher nor Philander got their S/R over 100.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Its exciting times to be an England cricket fan that's for sure, i wonder what visions KP has for the test side, as it needs some work.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I don't think it needs much work at all. I think we could possibly do with binning Strauss if he fails again in India, but apart from that we look pretty solid. Freddies hitting form with the bat, we've got Prior as keeper, and Harmison back bowling beautifully. I think now that Pietersen's got players playing properly, we have a good test side, that was proven in Pietersens first game as captain, where the domination began, albeit in a dead match.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
I actually agree with you about Strauss, i would drop him now in favour of Denly or Key.

Sureshot

Executive member
Do people think that Prior will replace Ambrose for India tour? He's not made any error with gloves that I can think of. Done quite well, in fact.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Definitely. The selectors would be mad to keep Ambrose in the team. He started to drop catches, relies on bowlers bowling short and wide at him when he's batting, so won't suit the Indian conditions at all. Prior would be my only choice tbh, been very impressed with him in the ODi series, his keeping has definitely improved, although I thought he did OK before then, but was booted after 1 poor performance.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Seeing as no one's mentioned it, let's replace Strauss with Paul Horton...

evertonfan added 0 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Do people think that Prior will replace Ambrose for India tour? He's not made any error with gloves that I can think of. Done quite well, in fact.

I'm willing to be my testicles on it.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
The final game of the series is at Cardiff. Day/Nighter I think. Fantastic facilities there, one of the better grounds in the UK I'd say, definitely deserves an Ashes Test in terms of quality of facilities, would obviously prefer the Test to be at Old Trafford though, because of the history there, and the previous encounters.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Thanks, lets hope we get a full game in, really enjoying this ODI series for obvious reasons. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread