March 12 : India vs South Africa

9 wickets for 29 runs is`nt India`s best. Its your mistake if you think that is our best. Im sure if we get to 267/1 again, we`ll pile on 350+. That is where we lost this game, not on the field.

I agree completely aditya. Middle-order batmen only to blame, I won't blame Dhoni or Nehra for the last over. I didn't have any hopes on our bowlers, still they managed to control so modest total. Fielding has been improved but simple catches also dropped by Yuvraj, Gambhir & Nehra.

I hate that SA have had a 'choke' tag on them since 99 semi-final. It's not justified.

I am really surprised that India were out for below 300. Last time I checked on cricinfo, Tendulkar and Gambhir were cruising along. Read cricinfo this morning and :eek: wow!

Superb death bowling by Steyn. Such a shame that I missed it - it's always great to see him ripping their batting order to pieces. Especially in front of the home-crowd.

Don't know much about how India did in the field. But they were always going to struggle to defend below 300 against good opposition.

But well played Proteas :thumbs

I am surprised that still effigies havent been burnt and Nehra's home hasnt been stoned yet...:p

I love the suggestions from some of the India fans. The bowling sucks, how do we improve it? you don't just score more runs instead. that is why they will always be a mediocre team in proper cricket conditions. Ireland has a better bowling attack, I can't wait till Zaheer Khan retires, it will a pie chucker convention

India choked against the chokers themselves ! And the true supporters would say :

*Nehra bowls the last over and India lose
Everyone: Wth is dhoni doin...Bhajji had taken 3 wickets ...u dont bowl him out...cricket dhoni

*Bhajji bowls and India lose
Everyon: Is dhoni mad,how could one ever bowl a spinner in the last over !!!

And i saw this on FBK

198335_1882770830393_1275013629_32189003_3297487_n.jpg

Last edited:
Admit it guys, the only reason you call SA chokers is because you all think we're absolutely brilliant so when we lose it wasn't because the other team was better on the day, but because we choked!:lol:lol:lol:cheers:cheers

No, we call them chokers, not because they lose being a better team, we call them because they choke in pressure situation and lose the match in a winning position. They didn't choke yesterday though. But real test will come for them in knockout stages.

I won't stick knives into the Indian players as it was an exceedingly close encounter which the opponent could barely win by the skin of their teeth, but I do feel that it is time we get our act together. The batting seems too top order dependent for our liking, and there's a problem of the players not being able to utilize the batting powerplays to their fullest. In the England game too, we could hardly score in the powerplays which atrophied the total that could have been much higher.

Since our bowling has reached a stage beyond repair, the onus must be on the batsmen to guide the team to an unassailable total. And to be fair to the bowlers, given the kind of conditions in Nagpur, something less that 300 was always reachable. Batsmen need to shouldering some more responsibilities, and stop leaving people like Sachin and Sehwag with the task of pulling chestnuts out of the fire.

Last edited:
I love the suggestions from some of the India fans. The bowling sucks, how do we improve it? you don't just score more runs instead. that is why they will always be a mediocre team in proper cricket conditions. Ireland has a better bowling attack, I can't wait till Zaheer Khan retires, it will a pie chucker convention

to be fair though, they just don't have the options in the short term. khan and singh are one half of a good attack but the other half is just not there.

long term though they need to asking themselves why pathan, RP singh, ishant sharma, and munaf all showed promise and then declined when they should have been getting better.

I feel that SA chokes when chasing down low totals in important matches. The totals which are mostly less than 200.

Anyhow, I was reading Dhoni said that "The batsmen played for themselves and not for the team" Which batsmen he was reffering to??? Gambhir???

Users who are viewing this thread