Tri-series in West Indies - June/July 2013

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Bhuvneshwar Kumar has got to be one of the most underrated players in International cricket. Fantastic talent. If he can work on his bowling with the old ball- or if Dhoni would at least give him a chance to do so :p- he can have a fairly long career (yes, I know Sanga was not out).

Yah Kumar is really good with that new ball, great find for India. In ODIs I'd probably just bowl him out 10 straight, try and get as many wickets as possible. Early wickets win you games in ODIs.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Surprised when I woke up this morning:eek:
We had a reserve day, isn't it? Or did the management then think that Sri Lanka had to play for 5 days, so lets do it today? Fair enough if that is the case:thumbs

The reserve day only comes into play if the scheduled day is washed out, which wasn't the case yesterday.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Got to feel for the Windies. The looked too good in first two games and suddenly they get knocked out by a team who was looking down the barrel post the first lag of the competition.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Got to feel for the Windies. The looked too good in first two games and suddenly they get knocked out by a team who was looking down the barrel post the first lag of the competition.

They were good against Sri Lanka but their first game against India was pretty ordinary. It could have gone either way. And for India, they just weren't there in the first two matches but in the last two matches, they have shown why they are the best ODI side in the world. Even without our best ODI player, we managed to get in the final which is quite an achievement.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
They were good against Sri Lanka but their first game against India was pretty ordinary. It could have gone either way. And for India, they just weren't there in the first two matches but in the last two matches, they have shown why they are the best ODI side in the world. Even without our best ODI player, we managed to get in the final which is quite an achievement.

I think you mean most valuable player. Best ODI player is Kohli for me.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India

Arguable. Dhoni and Kohli are pretty much similar in terms of scoring runs consistently. Kohli saves runs in fielding and Dhoni does that behind stumps but when it comes to captaincy, Dhoni gets a nod. So if you look at overall, it has to be MS Dhoni.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner

Best ODI batsman - Kohli
Best ODI player - Dhoni

These days, Dhoni hasn't been required to do much batting in ODI's due to the exemplary form of our top order of Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli, Karthik. But Dhoni is ever so reliable in ODI's with the bat, one of the best finishers of this generation, great ODI captain, and a very tight and safe keeper.

----------

They lost steam and deserved to go. And even their 1st game against India, they were 9 down and India could have won if they got one more wicket.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I didn't notice it till now, but India won that last game with a bonus point which meant that we topped the table and the NRR conflict with WI didn't even come into picture. AMAZING!

I am backing India more than ever for tomorrow's clash. They needed the first two defeats to shrug off any complacency that they built up after the glorious Champions Trophy high. Now, the team should be moving forward with more consistency. And its now become more imperative that India need Bhuvaneshwar Kumar playing. This is getting very similar to our situation few years ago when we needed Zaheer to play every game if we had to do well. Blooding him in the South Africa tests is very important. Wish Bhuvi has accompanied the India-A side to South Africa.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They lost steam and deserved to go. And even their 1st game against India, they were 9 down and India could have won if they got one more wicket.

Yes, maybe you two are correct. Our batting led us down.

Anyways, coming to today's match, India start favorites. For the record, they have lost just 2 matches against Srilanka since 2011. Thats some record given the number of matches the two teams have played against each other in recent times. Also, if you are in a fix if Dhoni will be playing the final or not, let me tell you it was just a Grade 1 injury that should heal up in 4-5 days. Clearly, Dhoni has had the required rest and should be able to take the field today.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Best ODI batsman - Kohli
Best ODI player - Dhoni

That's really just what I said...

Good bowling by India. Most of the matches have been quite low scoring so it's difficult to say what a good total is on this pitch but I sense Sri Lanka will be happy with about 240. However, if India nab Sanga soon then I don't think they will cross 200.

Found some decent streams but annoying that willow is not covering this... They didn't cover the Champions Trophy either.

Last edited:

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Arun Lal, our friendly neighborhood wildlife expert, as per usual, spends 10 minutes talking about birds and then realizes there's a cricket match on.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
cricinfo said:
Vaibhav: "Surely Dhoni was lucky there.If he had whipped the bails off first time herath would have been not out."You won't believe the number of people writing in saying he missed on purpose
:lol
SL has not up a competitive total, and if things goes fine and there is interruption from rain, it should be a easy game for indians given the great form of the Indian batsmen. Bowlers have bowled really well, Bhuvi has been brilliant as always and Vinay bowled a good economic spell.

Users who are viewing this thread