1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Mode: Casual
Match Type: Test match
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): after 4 overs
Ground: Any
Teams: Pakistan vs Australia
Get Best: yes
Description of Issue: Bowler's stamina drains very quickly. The confidence meter also doesn't increase properly. Got 6 wicket by a bowler and his confidence bar was still not full. This impacts fast bowlers badly ( I can't bowl as fast anymore ).

This is a big issue in my opinion. No real fast bowler drops 20-30 KMPH after bowling just 5-6 overs. Most bowlers can pull off 10-15 over spells with no pace drop. It becomes irritating when in game the pacers start bowling at 90 KMPH.

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
This is a big issue in my opinion. No real fast bowler drops 20-30 KMPH after bowling just 5-6 overs. Most bowlers can pull off 10-15 over spells with no pace drop. It becomes irritating when in game the pacers start bowling at 90 KMPH.
Disagree with that. You very rarely see 10 over spells from pace bowlers. They usually drop 3-7 mph by their 7th-8th over.

It's a minor issue, but definitely not a big one.

EdgedAndGone

Club Captain
Why there is only 10 to 15% chance of rain max at every game? Also has anyone experienced rain? I wish I could customize weather to 90% rain with grey clouds.

BoomBoomBoom

School Cricketer
Mode: Online
Match Type: T10
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 1
Ground: Lahore Stadium
Teams: Pak Vs India
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue:

1. Lag is awful to the point of being unplayable

2. Black Screen after a shot is played and PS3 hangs

3. Lots of Swearing :facepalm

AnkitC

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Disagree with that. You very rarely see 10 over spells from pace bowlers. They usually drop 3-7 mph by their 7th-8th over.

It's a minor issue, but definitely not a big one.

I agree with you. But in game the pacers lose up to 50 kph after 6-7 overs.
Moreover,the pacers hardly regain their lost stamina. With the kind of fitness players have these days pacers can generally pull off up to 20 overs in a day at least. But in game pacers lose stamina too early and just don't seem to regain it. Not game breaking in any sense but very annoying. I have never seen a 140 KPH bowler bowl at 80-90 KPH in his 12-13th over. Definitely needs a fix.

phil1987

Club Captain
I agree with you. But in game the pacers lose up to 50 kph after 6-7 overs.
Moreover,the pacers hardly regain their lost stamina. With the kind of fitness players have these days pacers can generally pull off up to 20 overs in a day at least. But in game pacers lose stamina too early and just don't seem to regain it. Not game breaking in any sense but very annoying. I have never seen a 140 KPH bowler bowl at 80-90 KPH in his 12-13th over. Definitely needs a fix.

definitely bigger issues but this is true. Bowler speeds drop noticeably after 3-4 overs. Played a test match and bowled at the end of the day with a fast bowler and at the start of play the next day the guy was just as tired as he was the day before.

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
definitely bigger issues but this is true. Bowler speeds drop noticeably after 3-4 overs. Played a test match and bowled at the end of the day with a fast bowler and at the start of play the next day the guy was just as tired as he was the day before.

After match nocturnal activities?;)

tom4780

School Cricketer
can someone explain to me about the issue with stats on career mode problem??

Oranjeboom

School Cricketer
Career mode - within a game I get told my skills have increased, but then they don't show on my main career skills page. Do they disappear? Do they only get applied at the end of the season?

To all those saying batting is hard, it is, but it isnt baseball either and I imagine a lot of users trying to pummel every ball

I have a high score of 160, with two other centuries too. Play the quicks really early, look where the fielders are, and the runs come :) I still get lots of low scores too but patience pays off sometimes

79cricket

Panel of Selectors

Even in the second inns they are so tired, this needs a lot of work. No problem with batsmen as i have scored 50s with just 15% stamina lost where the AI bowlers were down maybe 50% to 60% in as little as 25 to 30 overs. If you could score say 500 all out:noway the AI bowlers would need doctor or a grave.

----------

Career mode - within a game I get told my skills have increased, but then they don't show on my main career skills page. Do they disappear? Do they only get applied at the end of the season?

To all those saying batting is hard, it is, but it isnt baseball either and I imagine a lot of users trying to pummel every ball

I have a high score of 160, with two other centuries too. Play the quicks really early, look where the fielders are, and the runs come :) I still get lots of low scores too but patience pays off sometimes

Amateur difficulty mate ?

outbreak

Club Captain
Mode: career
Match Type: NA
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): NA
Ground: NA
Teams: NA
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue:
My season ended and wanted me to start the second year even though when I went into the competition screens I had only played 11 shield and 11 one day games, in the comp screens there were fixtures for more games and also the finals (which my team were set to make). Wouldn't let me play those left over games!

madman981

Club Captain
Why there is only 10 to 15% chance of rain max at every game? Also has anyone experienced rain? I wish I could customize weather to 90% rain with grey clouds.

Firstly why?? why would you set up a game of cricket to 90% chance of rain? whats the point? If you want to have rain at 90% in a fake cricket game, i got a perfect scenario for you..... DONT PLAY THE GAME!!!

there ya go, you manage to simulate 100% chance of rain....

and yes, I have had T20's, one dayers and sessions lost due to rain in career mode, i actually find it annoying... because, when i play DBC14, i actually want to play the game and not sit there and watch it rain!!:facepalm

outbreak

Club Captain
Firstly why?? why would you set up a game of cricket to 90% chance of rain? whats the point? If you want to have rain at 90% in a fake cricket game, i got a perfect scenario for you..... DONT PLAY THE GAME!!!

there ya go, you manage to simulate 100% chance of rain....

and yes, I have had T20's, one dayers and sessions lost due to rain in career mode, i actually find it annoying... because, when i play DBC14, i actually want to play the game and not sit there and watch it rain!!:facepalm

I like it there a bit, it shouldn't be frequent but I've had a t20 changed to i think 14 overs and it just gives you something different now and then, rained out sessions are interesting and can change a game too.

madman981

Club Captain
Haha, I actually tend to agree with you slightly. Mostly because my "career player" as a "16 Year Old" bearded bald man... I imagine in "DBC15" there would be an automatic "aging" of your character going on, gradually getting older, or balder.

I envisage with every year of completed career you "unlock" certain aspects of your character to change or tweak. Bat, Shoes and other gear including features like hairstyles and so on as a "reward" for completing and so on...

For this iteration, there's so much other compelling stuff it doesn't bother me, but certainly something to consider in future versions.

----------

I think a number of people have been saying the same thing about the fielders, they move too fast, etc. I imagine this is at the top of the list for tweaking, they certainly catch EVERYTHING and hit the stumps 99.9% of the time.

I'm wondering if that's the attributes set-up in the Cricket Academy and whether or not it would be worthwhile re-setting them all to 0 or something, because when they were being done we didn't know how they implicated gameplay... and I think certainly the fielding and speed stats (if there are, I can't remember without looking) are possibly set waaaaay too high.

My biggest gripe with the game is you can't just nudge the ball over the inner circle, because the fielder warp-speeds it to the ball to catch you out 100% of the time, I've never been able to just clear the infield and get 2... It's either 1 or 4...

...which in career mode where runs are tough to come by, is a little frustrating.

Generally Biggs i agree with you about the fielding, but in saying that I get 2's and 3's all the time

There is always 1 run avaialble on the throw from the boundary, always, as long as you are holding down sprint and press the run button again halfway through the 1st or 2nd run, there is always 1 on the throw from the outfield, especially on the legside and through the covers if the fielders chasing...

theres never 1 on the throw in the infield though, doesnt matter if its too the side of the fielder, they release the ball too quickly and never miss

outbreak

Club Captain

I find if I try to defend I just go out, I don't play aggressive shots but the times I've had the most success were playing a shot at every ball. My 50+ scores have all come at a strike rate over 100 even though I don't want to be doing that or meaning to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread