Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were in Melbourne i'd happily bring my Xbox over (and my PC, whose quad core 2 GB graphics card, 8GB RAM system is grinding to a halt with DBC, but I guess my hardware isn't working properly) :D

Could the problem in theory be solved by of only having one save? It would still be a problem but at least I could get on with the game, maybe have multiple USB sticks with saves if needed.

Could it be a problem that Australian Xboxes are immune from? Mine is from the UK

I only have one save and it hangs. No rhyme nor reason, 1 successful and 1 unsuccessful save last night.

Can you see software version numbers etc on Xbox like you can with your phone? If so should we see if there is any commonality here?

The unfortunate thing is that the Xbox's will all be on the latest firmware, the game will be the same (patch#2) and so the only point of difference is the machine itself which are all meant to be functionally identical but we know are not as they have changed components over the years.

Yeah it's mad isn't it. I drove all over town and paid the equivalent of a month's rent for a small flat. Three months later it isn't playable. Nobody's fault but I haven't been this disappointed about a game since Sim City came out (at least this game is well intentioned unlike EA's dumbing down of the greatest games franchise ever).

eww where do you live that a months rent costs the same as a video game?

As far as the save crash thing, can you not just remove patch 2 and play normally?

Unless you need to play amateur career mode the basic gameplay isnt that different. I think the batting was actually better before.

Certainly it was fine with just patch one, so play that until they fix it.

wondering if there should be pro-forma similar to the bug report thing specific to the x-box crash, maybe a thread just for posting and not discussing...

maybe say:
x-box type
x-box hdd size
x-box date (there was a number or date or something @MattW mentioned earlier in the thread)
save type (cloud/hdd/usb)

etc. etc.

at the moment there's so much detail about the issue and spread throughout the thread, it's no wonder it's so hard to notice any common issue that might be a point of enquiry. Maybe @MattW and @BigAntStudios can suggest a pro-forma and get a thread set up for it.

might help.

Guys please test the one save at a time, since I started doing that I have not had a crash in 5 hours of playing the game which is the longest that I have gone without a crash.

...this is really good news, get on it Xbox folk.

I did some research and this is an issue which has affected other games since the Xbox 360 firmware was updated in March 2014. It has happened to FIFA 14 where a small proportion of Xbox 360 owners have had a crash and EA still haven't fixed it (and not communicated with those affected):

Fifa 14 My Screen Keeps On Freezing/Crashing Constantly - Answer HQ

Also affected Terraria:

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/help-game-freezes-after-clicking-start-game.140449/

And Lego Marvel Superheros:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4270/t/1661839.aspx

Even GTA V:

https://support.rockstargames.com/h...ntly-locking-up-or-freezing-at-the-same-point

Last edited:
I did some research and this is an issue which has affected other games since the Xbox 360 firmware was updated in March 2014. It has happened to FIFA 14 where a small proportion of Xbox 360 owners have had a crash and EA still haven't fixed it (and not communicated with those affected):

Also affected Terraria:

Forums | Terraria Online

Xbox.com Forums

Even GTA V:

https://support.rockstargames.com/h...ntly-locking-up-or-freezing-at-the-same-point

Pretty good work finding all that. I wonder if Ross will be able to confirm the link between those problems.

The GTA V one is not just limited to the Xbox as you also get the freezing issue on PS3 and Rockstar, unlike Big Ant, have basically said nothing about it or suggested any fixes for it (although they're quite happy to release numerous patched extra online content).

thx kamy100 - has worked for me so far - 2 matches into a 3 match series!

fingers crossed!

.........but it froze at the end of the 3rd match!

which incidentally had me chase down a 170 t20 lead that SA had against me

best batting performance yet - and it didn't save - GRRRRRRRRRR!!!

----------

Guys please test the one save at a time, since I started doing that I have not had a crash in 5 hours of playing the game which is the longest that I have gone without a crash.

didn't work for me - GRRRR!

crashed at the end of my 3rd t20 match (see my post above!) GRRRRR!

Fark... So close. At least it is firmly established as NOT a problem with DBC but a reoccurring XBOX issue.

Also affected Terraria:

Forums | Terraria Online

Xbox.com Forums

Even GTA V:

On the developer side of things we've seen many, many listings of issues with the last two firmware updates. We are pretty aware that there are widespread issues particularly with HDD compatibility issues. We have been in contact with as many others facing the issues as possible, none have a clue as to what is going on and are in the same position as ourselves, they cannot replicate the issue on dev equipment.

Other than trying to indicate where I believe the issue is in an "educational" sense for people on here, I haven't pushed the point because MS are not going to solve this problem regardless and so it's a waste of time for me to sit around pointing fingers. We are busy trying to work out a fix/workaround.

On the developer side of things we've seen many, many listings of issues with the last two firmware updates. We are pretty aware that there are widespread issues particularly with HDD compatibility issues. We have been in contact with as many others facing the issues as possible, none have a clue as to what is going on and are in the same position as ourselves, they cannot replicate the issue on dev equipment.8

Other than trying to indicate where I believe the issue is in an "educational" sense for people on here, I haven't pushed the point because MS are not going to solve this problem regardless and so it's a waste of time for me to sit around pointing fingers. We are busy trying to work out a fix/workaround.

Can you not get someone from melbourne to come over with the xbox to the office?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread