1st Test: England v Australia

Not picking Sidebottom is a lot like us not picking Clark. Ignoring consistent past performances because of a recent injury. It was pretty obvious Broad wouldn't have much of an impact, the fact that he's an automatic inclusion shows how short sighted English selectors were.

Broad needs to go back to county cricket for a season or two. Maybe his dad twisted some arms to get him in ;)

Broad is very promising but you don't drag a guy through test cricket because of future promise. He needs to be ready, and clearly he isn't. It's especially stupid when you have guys like Onions and Sidebottom sitting on the sidelines despite good records.

Which is why i picked him.:p

Your a smart man haha.

Broad is very promising but you don't drag a guy through test cricket because of future promise. He needs to be ready, and clearly he isn't. It's especially stupid when you have guys like Onions and Sidebottom sitting on the sidelines despite good records.

Sidebottom has been excellent from what I saw last year or further back (cant really remember). Onions has a fantastic record and has been bowling really well, he proved himsef against us in the tour match too. They deserve a chance over Broad really, and I would put them both in at the expense of Broad and Monty or Swann.

On another note, I wouldn't try Harmison until the 4th test at earliest. I would only give him a go then if Onions and Sidebottom play terrible, but I would give them a chance to prove themselves first.

Your a smart man haha.

Which is why i should be a selector for an international team. Nah just kidding.

I`ve said it once and i`ll say it again, drop Broad and Panesar and bring in Onions and Sidebottom if you even want to have a chance to win against us.

My Lord's team:

1. Andrew Strauss (c)
2. Alastair Cook
3. Ravi Bopara
4. Kevin Pietersen
5. Paul Collingwood
6. Matt Prior (wk)
7. Andrew Flintoff
8. Graeme Swann
9. James Anderson
10. Steve Harmison
11. Graham Onions

Yeah, I could definitely get behind that. Shame to drop Broad (especially with his batting) but he isn't looking dangerous enough for me.

Mitchell Johnson probably wouldn't be the player that he is without the selection two years ago.

Hows the weather over there lads? Nice and sunny without a cloud in sight?;)

Checking on the BBC satellite, only small patches of rain pass near Cardiff and none of them seem to actually go through Cardiff.

I don't think Australia will even need Hauritz to pull any heroics, I think Siddle, Johnson and Hilfenhaus can do it alone.

Will be an interesting final day, hopefully we can roll these guys for something cheap so Katich and Hughes can slog us home.

Backing one big hundred from an Englishman to save them. What a shame, after five days of play, a draw.

Users who are viewing this thread