1st Test: England v Australia

Broad is very promising but you don't drag a guy through test cricket because of future promise. He needs to be ready, and clearly he isn't. It's especially stupid when you have guys like Onions and Sidebottom sitting on the sidelines despite good records.

I fully agree with that statement, and I hope NZC doesn't do the same thing to Tim Southee. Broad is going to be a good test bowler, but as of this moment he is not.

Will be an interesting final day, hopefully we can roll these guys for something cheap so Katich and Hughes can slog us home.

I would probably rather we win by an innings, but then again I wouldn't mind us needing to chase 70 and Hughesy bringing up a 50.

HILFENPLOWS! Ahahah, and I was bagging his selection. ;)

Beauty! Where have you come from son!?

Well that wasn't very good now was it! This will be over by tea. Anyone got any effigies?

That's poor from Pietersen. Very poor. The ball is doing nothing, hasn't done all match, and he's leaving balls because it shaped a tiny bit?

England have been poor and a defeat would be a good kick up the arse to the complacencies in the team.

Collingwood's the real danger here, the boy is a fighter, need to get him early.

It seems quite odd that england can score a decent 435 and then lose by an innings

Last edited:
After he left that one that nipped a little and clipped his pad just an inch away from the top of off, he really had to get in behind that 4th stump line, that in the first innings was left many a time as the ball was outswinging. Although KP was made to look like a goose, it's been top shelf from Hilfenhaus.

I reckon Englands only way of defending themselves is to attack, thankfully that should be what the next few batsman do

Users who are viewing this thread