1st Test: England v Australia

That is Siddle's way atm. Hes done that in all his games so far, with more experience he should become more consistent. The good thing about him is he can do everything, swing both ways, reverse swing, seam movement and extracting bounce.

The delivery to Flintoff was a real gem.

I would have to say that Australia may have won that day. The pitch didn't help the bowlers that much but poor shot selection was really plauging England. Hauritz didn't really impress me, he wasn't agressive enough, he kept darting it in with the target of slowing the score down. Most of the Aussie bowlers kept their line and length good but they weren't as threatening as I expected.

If England can get a nice partnership going then Australia will be under a lot of pressure

Most Aussies will settle for Hauritz taking KP's wicket every time though.

Considering the pressure Hauritz was under you have to give the guy a bit of credit for not cracking. Meh if we survive the new ball without a wicket lost and ride over the Flintoff/Swann combination we're set for a big total. I think the key is to bat Panesar out of the game- destroy him the way the South African boys destroyed Mcgain. It forces Strauss to rotate bowlers with longer spells and maybe force a few part-time bowlers like Colly, KP and Bopara.

I didn't expect Hauritz to get smashed anyway, he might have been expensive in the tour match but hes always been an economical bowler. If hes picking up 2-3 wickets hes worth keeping but if not Clark or McDonald would be a better option.

Considering the pressure Hauritz was under you have to give the guy a bit of credit for not cracking. Meh if we survive the new ball without a wicket lost and ride over the Flintoff/Swann combination we're set for a big total. I think the key is to bat Panesar out of the game- destroy him the way the South African boys destroyed Mcgain. It forces Strauss to rotate bowlers with longer spells and maybe force a few part-time bowlers like Colly, KP and Bopara.

Hehe. I would love to see the aussie's go after Panesar like that, I can't really stand the guy.

Monty is the most predictable bowler in cricket. If you hit him for a boundary I would bet the farm that the next ball will be fired in quick and full. Even if we get 400, I highly doubt the Aussies will throw their wickets away in the same manner. Its all rests on you Jimmy boy.

Jimmy, Swann and Flintoff will be relied on to get most of the wickets I would imagine. I'm really looking forward to seeing England bowling today. I would absolutely love Stuart Broad to get a 5fer with all jaffers to the Aussie top order, just so I could mock Ben :p He left me a lovely message on CW last night, simply read:

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddddddddddddddddddddllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:laugh We're missing out on that kind of insight and analysis with Ben banned. Such a shame.

Hmarkas is right as well. Panesar gets hit for a boundary automatically means the next ball will be quick and full. Fats Patel should have been in the side, he's much more cunning as a bowler. I remember against South Africa where he got hit for a boundary or two so he just drifted the ball abit wider with some air on it and got the bloke out, definitely wouldn't see MSP doing that. He'll be a liability I reckon, although if he bowls like he did in that Windies Test when we went in with 2 spinners then it wouldn't be too bad, he bowled ok in that game.

Patel may be a decent bowler in ODIs, nowt more than a part-timer in longer stuff. Remember, Mushy is our spin coach.

May be a part-timer, but he's still got a far better record than MSP this season. Has 14 wickets at 28 including a 5fer, and he's playing in the 1st Division. Offers a hell of alot more in terms of batting and fielding as well. Just a shame he's a big fat bloater.

Also, what does Mushy being spin coach have to do with anything? =/

Hmarkas is spot on about Monty, and King P has a very valid argument. S Patel could be a good asset as his bowling is better than Monty (on current form) and he can bat about a million times better. Unfortunately he is a porker.

Jimmy, Swann and Flintoff will be relied on to get most of the wickets I would imagine. I'm really looking forward to seeing England bowling today. I would absolutely love Stuart Broad to get a 5fer with all jaffers to the Aussie top order, just so I could mock Ben :p He left me a lovely message on CW last night, simply read:

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddddddddddddddddddddllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:laugh We're missing out on that kind of insight and analysis with Ben banned. Such a shame.

Hmarkas is right as well. Panesar gets hit for a boundary automatically means the next ball will be quick and full. Fats Patel should have been in the side, he's much more cunning as a bowler. I remember against South Africa where he got hit for a boundary or two so he just drifted the ball abit wider with some air on it and got the bloke out, definitely wouldn't see MSP doing that. He'll be a liability I reckon, although if he bowls like he did in that Windies Test when we went in with 2 spinners then it wouldn't be too bad, he bowled ok in that game.

Surely PC could of brought him back for the ashes, it was always funny to see the arguements he could get into.

Fats Patel should have been in the side, he's much more cunning as a bowler

Sorry, but I disagree. I saw him when he played against India last winter. (though that was an ODI match) Our batsmen were whacking his deliveries every now and then- he didn't do anything "cunning" at all. He was going on in the same same same style. There were hardly any variations. His domestic records might be good, but there's a lot of difference between that and international cricket.

Full day of watching this round a mate's in HD today. Got plenty of beer and pizza. So my analysis later may be X-rated. Watched every ball yesterday up until the evening session when I was out. It's set up nicely now for the tail to wag a bit and Jimmy and co. to rip into them. Actually can't wait.

who will open the bowling for england im guessing freddie and anderson anderson can use the swing and freddie will be looking to bounce hughes and bowl back of a length outside katich's offstump as iv seen katich get out a few times playing backfoot away from his body

Users who are viewing this thread