1st Test: England v Australia

Nah, it'll be Broad and Jimmy opening the bowling. Swanny next on I imagine then we'll see a bit of Monty/Freddie to rip through them. IMHO, that sounds like a much better bowling attack to the Aussies. Skittled for less than 300, I'd say.

If England get up to 400, that'll be a very competitive total despite the silly shots played by some of the batsmen. Of course, its difficult to analyse the match situation until the Aussies have started to bat.

Broad and Anderson are the opening attack I would think. Hopefully with 5 bowlers we can use Fred as a strike bowler, not a containing bowler who gets through ridiculous amounts of overs. I just hope we see 1 over from Fred as good as the one to Ponting in 2005, he got Ponting with the final ball of the over and had him all over the place for the whole over, was Flintoff at his very best, got 2 in the over I think.

Broad and Anderson are the opening attack I would think. Hopefully with 5 bowlers we can use Fred as a strike bowler, not a containing bowler who gets through ridiculous amounts of overs. I just hope we see 1 over from Fred as good as the one to Ponting in 2005, he got Ponting with the final ball of the over and had him all over the place for the whole over, was Flintoff at his very best, got 2 in the over I think.

That would be the famous Edgbaston over that turned to match towards England. Aussies had got a relatively good start in the chase of 282, then Freddie came on, got Langer out 2nd ball of the over and roughed Ponting up (bowling a no ball in the process) and getting him out with the last (7th) ball of the over. Fantastic stuff.

Yep that's the one. Fantastic over, and I agree, the turning point in the game. Wasn't Fred on a hat-trick coming into that over as well? But missed out on the hat-trick before getting Langer 2nd ball of the over?

And the live chat is flowing again :p.. Was a very had day to decide yesterday, honours even it's one of those days that if you hadn't watched the game and just saw the scorecard you would think even. I reckon this is a crucial day for the match! If England can put on another 50 and then Jimmy snaps up Hughes early we could be in for a good day. Hussey to score big.

if they open up its him or broady, so i would say they'll both do it!

If England can get to 400 I would put them as match favourites tbh. Thats as long as Panesar and Swann bowl fairly well.

Howsie added 3 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

What are the chances of Jimmy bowling way too short and not trying to swing it to Hughes? I'd say it's pretty likely.

The old Anderson might of, can't see him being that stupid tbh. Obviously he can bowl the odd short ball, but no more then two an over I feel.

Last edited:
Hope we get to bat by lunch, won't be able to catch the rest of the Ashes until I get back from the snow :( :)

The match starts at 8.00PM.

Aussies better wrap up the tail quick. Hope Hilfy gets a few late wickets.

Hope we get to bat by lunch, won't be able to catch the rest of the Ashes until I get back from the snow :( :)

When do you get back from the snow?

Hoping we can finish them off quickly but there is a big chance the tail will wag. It aint a bad one.

Lol if Hughes gets to 50 there's no stopping the lad to a big ton. Hopefully at Lunch we're none down with about 70-80 on the board. I reckon England will scrape 370. Broad/Swann patnership is the dangerous one. Don't see Monty or Jimmy scoring too many. I guess they'll annoy by holding their end. Lol hopefully by the end of the day Flintoff finally gets Kato for 145 leaving Hughes on 210. And hopefully we find out who Bumble's secret Asian admirer is:cheers

Users who are viewing this thread