A first look at patch 2! [new video on page 29]

This is 20 overs of a Test match played between the Thunder and the Sixers - thought it would be good to show a few things, such as the lack of the fatigue issue. This is being played on Pro difficulty, you can see in some of the previous videos I've posted of my Veteran career on Xbox, it's not like I'm bad at this game.

Fielding set to auto so you can see how the AI is reacting to things. I also kept the fields I was given. One noticeable remaining bug is being randomly switched between over and around the wicket, which stuffs me up a bit.

Unfortunately no edges, though I get close a few times.

Quality isn't that good - because I needed to compress it heavily to make it a manageable file size, YouTube also took forever to process - and as I type this, still hasn't got the 720p version up.

Anyway, enjoy -

PS How are you at batting in the older version, highest score so on.
My highest score is 35 as my career bowler on the Xbox - I pretty much play career exclusively. I want to be able to bat well, but it doesn't bother me if I can't - all I want in a cricket game is to bowl.

As mentioned, I need to give the game a long go at batting, and pace myself through a match.

Last edited:
any other files exposed in the install directory , a screenshot of install dir would be cool.

any other files exposed in the install directory , a screenshot of install dir would be cool.
Brace yourself...
DTvKPAN.png

Matt, have you noticed in the career that the AI captain of the human side is a little better at managing his bowlers?

I have noticed in a lot of games that the captain wont acknowledge his part timers at all. I'm my Yorkshire game Root and Williamson (excluding myself) often wont get the ball at all, and if they do its after the 4 frontliners have bowlers 20+

As Matt said , he will need a lot of time to properly judge the game post patch so we better be patient.
One thing I will love to see ina future patch is ability to sweep fine.

less catches going to mid on is good, hopefully it translates when players are batting and not just tha AI. the impossibility of keeping the ball down is my number 1 annoyance when batting.

First impressions is that AI batting appears better but still seem too aerial minded in first 30 overs of a test

Wonder if batsman mentality actually makes a difference to ai batting now?

First impressions is that AI batting appears better but still seem too aerial minded in first 30 overs of a test

Aerial in the sense catchable or drops short off the fielder??

In effect we have - the AI will not choose them, but they are still there for human - we can't just remove as they are now part of a users save profile - however, you can go in and remove them in the academy and make the fields you want to use for human teams.

the biggest problem i've had is that whatever is the last field i made myself as a custom field will be used by the AI whenever i come in to bat, regardless of bowler, format or situation. was this addressed?

----------

I will answer on behalf of Zimrahil...

No

Do I like chinese food?

Anyone care to answer on my behalf?

he loves Panda Express, and takes 3 trips to the US every year because it's not available in the Netherlands.

the biggest problem i've had is that whatever is the last field i made myself as a custom field will be used by the AI whenever i come in to bat, regardless of bowler, format or situation. was this addressed?

After the patch its random field for first 5 balls for the user and last ball is custom field and for the non striker or AI its first 5 balls user created custom field and last ball random...:p

Thats good, so we won't break our controllers.

Run out bugs ?

Matt, thanks for doing this and answering all our questions.

The biggest issue for me in this game has been AI pacing when setting or chasing a target in a limited overs game, and I'm hoping the patch has addressed this.

Is it possible to test this? The fastest way would be to a play a T20 match against a good AI Team (Aus/SA/Ind), bat first and simulate (hopefully the target simulated is a reasonable one > 140) and then bowl and see how the AI chases it. Would love to see what happens here.

14:35
That camera angle looks amazing in that video. Good job BA. :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread