A first look at patch 2! [new video on page 29]

Both! I saw the usual catch to mid on for example

Oh ok but looking at the video Matt posted, one thing I am disappointed is no singles when hit to deep fielders when there were easy singles available on many occasions...

Last edited:
The fielders still knock the bails off unnecessarily I see.
It still 'bugs' me during the game, even after the 1st patch, and will continue to do so by the look of it.

Please include the switch hit shot cuz it really is a must as there is a reverse sweep

I know MattW says he is not great at batting but a long video of batting would be great MattW if you have time and thanks again. PS The AI is a marked improvement in most ways. They play better shots this time around and yes some are a little to much in the air but you do see this in real tests mates.

David Warner and well any good Aussie players meaning all of them.:rolleyes

----------

The fielders still knock the bails off unnecessarily I see.
It still 'bugs' me during the game, even after the 1st patch, and will continue to do so by the look of it.

True Zombie but give them enough time to fix things but yes, the fielders still knock the stumps way to much and the AI miss way to many twos.

Last edited:
Do I still need a controller or has this been patched so I can finally use the power of my mind?

Matt, thanks for doing this and answering all our questions.

The biggest issue for me in this game has been AI pacing when setting or chasing a target in a limited overs game, and I'm hoping the patch has addressed this.

Is it possible to test this? The fastest way would be to a play a T20 match against a good AI Team (Aus/SA/Ind), bat first and simulate (hopefully the target simulated is a reasonable one > 140) and then bowl and see how the AI chases it. Would love to see what happens here.

Any update on this? From Matt or Ross? I shouldn't be able to bowl out the AI on Legend for less than 100 in a T20 match when they are 80-1 in 8 overs and chasing 130 (and this reckless collapse happened way too often, via needless run-outs of aerial shots)

Do I still need a controller or has this been patched so I can finally use the power of my mind?

No but MattW said you can use a keyboard now:rolleyes, we just need to wait till MattW learns the controls. He will be back in around 5 years.

PS Biggs do you have some art done for DBC14 PC version yet, can't wait to see some of your crazy art dude.

----------

Any update on this? From Matt or Ross? I shouldn't be able to bowl out the AI on Legend for less than 100 in a T20 match when they are 80-1 in 8 overs and chasing 130 (and this reckless collapse happened way too often, via needless run-outs of aerial shots)

Watch the video on page 7 for part of your answer.

I'm going to need to have a quick PM chat with @MattW to figure out what I'm doing with the mods n'shit, 79. All looks dutch to me and to be honest, been reasonably busy over the past few weeks. I'll figure it out when I have some spare time in the next few weeks, will just need someone to catch me up on what to do because, Lazy.

Watch the video on page 7 for part of your answer.

I did, but that is of a test match and so the AI pacing issue is very different. What I'd like to see is if the pacing is fixed for limited overs matches -- especially does it take the match situation (NRR, no of wickets fallen etc) into account when batting

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread