A first look at patch 2! [new video on page 29]

Happy for a thread to be DBC haters to keep it all in one place too :)

This is 20 overs of a Test match played between the Thunder and the Sixers - thought it would be good to show a few things, such as the lack of the fatigue issue. This is being played on Pro difficulty, you can see in some of the previous videos I've posted of my Veteran career on Xbox, it's not like I'm bad at this game.

Fielding set to auto so you can see how the AI is reacting to things. I also kept the fields I was given. One noticeable remaining bug is being randomly switched between over and around the wicket, which stuffs me up a bit.

Unfortunately no edges, though I get close a few times.

Quality isn't that good - because I needed to compress it heavily to make it a manageable file size, YouTube also took forever to process - and as I type this, still hasn't got the 720p version up.

Anyway, enjoy -

My highest score is 35 as my career bowler on the Xbox - I pretty much play career exclusively. I want to be able to bat well, but it doesn't bother me if I can't - all I want in a cricket game is to bowl.

As mentioned, I need to give the game a long go at batting, and pace myself through a match.

Its hard to take a lot from that video. But Ive played a lot of long format matches against the AI outside of career and from what I could see the AI seemed to be performing probably slightly better than they normally would at the start of a test match in terms of run rate and protecting their wicket. But it is worrying though they went from 0/60 odd to 2/65 to 3/95 and the end, typical of the AI pre-patch with them losing wickets quickly in the middle order. Could well be a one off (this is far from a KKR v Royals collapse and these things commonly do happen in cricket), but it could be the problem still exists. Time will tell. If BA could have the AI batting like they do with the openers for the duration of an innings it would be a much more realistic, challenging experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
You got it right when you said you can't tell from the video (it's one game of a pre-release version).

Many, many times in real life the unexpected occurs, would be pretty boring if every match went the same way.

You got it right when you said you can't tell from the video (it's one game of a pre-release version).

Many, many times in real life the unexpected occurs, would be pretty boring if every match went the same way.

Yes, and as I said, time will tell, and I hoping and confident things have been rectified cos a lot of people, especially around here, would be happy.

If the AI middle order batting brain explosions happen every time like it does pre-patch, then we got a problem...cos, like you said, its pretty boring if every match went the same way

Last edited:
I'm pretty confident that you're not very confident :p

I'm pretty confident that you're not very confident :p

I'm just glad you've recognised that predictability isn't always a good thing. Cos the predictability of the AI batting pre-patch was a killer.

This might not be the identifiable by a lot of people who play mainly career mode and don't see the AI bat first hand from number 1 to number 11, but I like playing competitions, tours and casual matches and after playing against the AI many, many times it became a foregone conclusion on what course an innings would take and in the end.

Look at AFL Live, anything could happen. It could be a blow-out or a tight contest, and it kept me coming back to playing it. I want DBC 14 to be like this too! :-)

Last edited:
Mate, you are a freakin dog with a bone.

Message received, over, out.

I love the inclusion of the nets session between matches (sorry, positive feedback).

Does this only apply when starting at an age other than 16, and if not, will it apply to our current careers?

I'd love to work on my lesser skills without the consequences of getting out.

Secondly, has the issue of coming in when your partner has a big score but zero confidence been fixed?

Thanks, you'll not last long around here with that sort of positive attitude :p

Nets are regardless of age/difficulty level chosen. Yeah, it was implemented exactly for that, so you could get the timing of your player at your stage of development without risk.

Bug of zero confidence for batsmen before you is fixed.

I am playing with kent in career and i have gone through 3 years as bowler all rounder and for 3 years there is same team in all types of matches no rotation of player

And Second i changed the rules of match in match designer then also it does not apply for career mode....

So wanna know will it be in patch 2 or patch 3

Please Ross or HBK reply me

I am playing with kent in career and i have gone through 3 years as bowler all rounder and for 3 years there is same team in all types of matches no rotation of player

And Second i changed the rules of match in match designer then also it does not apply for career mode....

So wanna know will it be in patch 2 or patch 3

Please Ross or HBK reply me

Adit, you got two hopes here: Bob Hope and No Hope

There is no way these are going to make it in the next patch. Just way too much work to do to have this happen.

Its something for future editions.

This may be stupid question, but just wanted to make sure of a little detail. Will the changes in patch 2 will get effect in the current career which we are playing (Like AI fielders & batting improvement, Big eye, Camera angles, net practice etc,) other than your starting age of course. Or do we have to start a new career to see all these chaangs

Nets are regardless of age/difficulty level chosen. Yeah, it was implemented exactly for that, so you could get the timing of your player at your stage of development without risk.

Sweet, it'll be 60 shots on the back foot to the off side then for me, and many others I'm guessing!

Users who are viewing this thread