A first look at patch 2! [new video on page 29]

Adit, you got two hopes here: Bob Hope and No Hope

There is no way these are going to make it in the next patch. Just way too much work to do to have this happen.

Its something for future editions.

yeah but his point is still valid. I certainly didn't realise that the team you start with in 2014 will be the team you end with in 2034. In terms of immersion, thats a bit of a deal breaker. I remember posting about this a few months ago and everyone going on about how there would be randomly generated 16 year olds that would be inputted to take over retiring players.

The least they can/should do is allow us to edit the batting lineups so that we can actually do the changes manually eg. selecting separate T20, T40/one day, long format teams instead of one-size-fits-all.

This may be stupid question, but just wanted to make sure of a little detail. Will the changes in patch 2 will get effect in the current career which we are playing (Like AI fielders & batting improvement, Big eye, Camera angles, net practice etc,) other than your starting age of course. Or do we have to start a new career to see all these chaangs

No need to restart the career.

yeah but his point is still valid. I certainly didn't realise that the team you start with in 2014 will be the team you end with in 2034. In terms of immersion, thats a bit of a deal breaker. I remember posting about this a few months ago and everyone going on about how there would be randomly generated 16 year olds that would be inputted to take over retiring players.

The least they can/should do is allow us to edit the batting lineups so that we can actually do the changes manually eg. selecting separate T20, T40/one day, long format teams instead of one-size-fits-all.

Oh, no doubt, his point is definitely still valid. I would love to see them doing something about changing line-ups, having injuries, having form fluctuations from match to match, retirements, transfers, rookies, youth teams, batting line-up changes etc. I wish it was in the game, but I cant see how this would be possible to implement in a downloadable patch. Its just way too complex a thing to do.

Even if they just gave us a match setting screen before each career match where we can tinker with line-ups and settings to our heart's desire, just like you can do in casual mode and competition mode. But because of the whole leaderboard stuff everything is in a straightjacket once you start a career in the fear of people doctoring the results to climb it. :(

So are we still on MattW's "A first look at patch 2!" or has someone changed the channel on me again... pesky kids.

You got it right when you said you can't tell from the video (it's one game of a pre-release version).

Many, many times in real life the unexpected occurs, would be pretty boring if every match went the same way.

Ross with AI runouts fixed and mid on and off catches happening way to much fixed also then i am happy. See i am not greedy.:lol

PS I just hope the stats mean more this time, if you play say SA or Eng:lol/ Ind then there average totals should be higher than say Zim/Ban or maybe England.:rolleyes

Right on cue :p

Doesn't that depend on the stats/attributes you set yourself for those teams?

So are we still on MattW's "A first look at patch 2!" or has someone changed the channel on me again... pesky kids.

lol @Ross, we ARE on topic....the topic is 'first look at patch 2' - all we're doing is querying what is/isn't included in said patch. This is where a patch change log would go a long way to shutting a few of us up I reckon. :thumbs

Right on cue :p

Doesn't that depend on the stats/attributes you set yourself for those teams?

Yes but as others have said earlier total before patch 2 are about 140 give or take with the odd 200 plus total. The AI just give up sometimes or you have 3 or 4 runouts in just few overs.

PS A bad total being under 50

lol @Ross, we ARE on topic....the topic is 'first look at patch 2' - all we're doing is querying what is/isn't included in said patch. This is where a patch change log would go a long way to shutting a few of us up I reckon. :thumbs

Agreed, you are right with respect to talking of what's in the patch.

There are other threads for pontificating as to what might be in future patches :)

MattW must be playing the game as he is not here. Pesky kids, Planet kids cricket Ross or maybe you watch to much scooby do at home.:yes

MattW must be playing the game as he is not here. Pesky kids, Planet kids cricket Ross or maybe you watch to much scooby do at home.:yes

and I would have got away with it too if it wasn't for......

and I would have got away with it too if it wasn't for......

I know we are annoying sometimes Ross but we all want the same thing to make the game as good as it can be and i must say you guys are a hell of a team.:cheers

I think the day shift is the new night shift :yes

Righto back on track then.

Ross, has the issue with the wrong team being handed the win in rain affected matches been rectified?

Thanks

Agreed, you are right with respect to talking of what's in the patch.

There are other threads for pontificating as to what might be in future patches :)

ah ok I see *taps nose*

put it this way....a CEO once told me that it doesn't matter if people are talking good or bad about your company....the main thing is that they're talking about your company. Same here with the game as you know better than I ever could. There's a lot of passion hereabouts and thats a good thing. :thumbs

whilst I have your attention (he he he), will we ever see the ability to edit teams during career modes? eg. I'm in my 2nd year of batting at Warwickshire, I want to move Bell down to 4 (his actual position IRL) - will I be able to do that without having to restart a career?

Users who are viewing this thread