A first look at patch 2! [new video on page 29]

Couldn't the game use the formula that it has for the 'Best XI' that it creates automatically when you make a team? Basically just run that for the rest of the team after fixing your position.

If you added a little bit of a degree of randomness to that between matches, or factored in international selection - you could probably get close to 'dynamic' lineups - at least as close as you can probably get without going the full way by including generated players, retirements and skill pro/regression and injuries for all players.

wat if we become a captain of some international team then can we chose a batting lineup or change a batting postions.

The aim was to have a system where by form had a player rise and fall in the ranks of a batting lineup, but in the end we couldn't find a formula that worked correctly in terms of having something fair and also fitting within a realism template.

We did have something ready to be implemented, based on averages and positions on the batting lineup, but didn't feel it would reflect overly well in the end product so it was put to the sideline for now.

could you make it a changeable stat by the player? It seems most players crave realism, while it's obviously open to abuse just letting the player decide where he should play would probably work fine.

could you make it a changeable stat by the player? It seems most players crave realism, while it's obviously open to abuse just letting the player decide where he should play would probably work fine.

Perhaps moveable by the player up and down the order by only one place if you meet certain criteria. If a slightly higher criteria is met then moved by up to two places etc.

wat if we become a captain of some international team then can we chose a batting lineup or change a batting postions.

once you become captain then after you have come to the crease as a batsman then you can chose which player to come next

but nothing before you come to the crease.

once you become captain then after you have come to the crease as a batsman then you can chose which player to come next

but nothing before you come to the crease.

well that seems rather half hearted doesn't it, surely if your watching the game you should have the opportunity to change things around before you get to the crease, for example my guys a number 10 so this is really pointless for me as nothing can be changed.

Career mode is too basic right now.

Keen to know about this too. Had it again last night in a Twenty20, after hitting 'x' to skip the pitch map, just after taking a wicket.

Black screen, crowd noise etc as reported previously.

I'm assuming this and the career save file corruption issue are fixed. It sounds like a thorough patch.

Any news on this issue yet

for example my guy's a number 10 so this is really pointless for me as nothing can be changed.

You don't have to be at the crease to change the batting order.

you can chose which player to come next but nothing before you come to the crease.

No, you can do it as soon as the opening batsmen are out there, but you have to watch the next wicket fall as opposed to simulating.

Last edited:
You don't have to be at the crease to change the batting order.

No, you can do it as soon as the opening batsmen are out there, but you have to watch the next wicket fall as opposed to simulating.

ok dint know this i guess i will have to stop simulating to try this

but then this doesnt make sense as far as i remember you cant select and change the complete batting order , only the next batsman in right?

so in order to change the entire batting order i will have to watch every wicket fall ?

Last edited:
@MattW, now that we have another week to wait for patch 2 (which is killing most of us here :)), and you are the only lucky guy out here who has this, can you post some more gameplay videos, like you did of the test match? It would be nice if you can post one of a T20 match where the AI has to chase a large total, so that we can see what improvements have been made to the AI batting. Thanks

Last edited:
It would actually be better to see AI chasing low total- will they play more conservatively or regardless of number of wickets down will they still go aerial and hole out ?

It would actually be better to see AI chasing low total- will they play more conservatively or regardless of number of wickets down will they still go aerial and hole out ?

True that. So any total - high or low - but more importantly to see how the AI paces the whole innings when chasing and whether it takes the match situation into account

Will we be able to play the square drive also can we now efficiently square cut, late cut the spinners without the impatient appearance of the wicket-keeper?. P.S out of topic but for mine the ugliest shot is the backfoot block or drive these two are easily the worst animations on this game. Hopefully big ant can fix this.

Users who are viewing this thread