A T20 draft...cricket_icon & swacker's picks

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I had two good players in my mind but since I need a bowler so my pick is Hamid Hassan from Afghanistan.
276932_140645822745506_939945266_n.jpg

1. Kamran Akmal
2. Sachin Tendulkar
3. Shahid Afridi
4. Owais Shah
5. Mahela Jayawardene
6. Dwayne Bravo
7. Jacob Oram
8. Graeme Swann
9. Hamid Hassan
10. Dirk Nannes

Cricketman

ICC Chairman

1 Chris Gayle (vc)
2 Marcus Trescothick
3 Jacques Kallis
4 Rohit Sharma
5 Mitchell Johnson
6 Umar Akmal (wk)
7 Angelo Mathews
8 Daniel Vettori (c)
9 Jerome Taylor
10 Abdur Razzak
11 Ajantha Mendis

Holy spinbowling batman! Mendis (did well with that pick today eh?), Razzak, Vettori, Sharma, and Gayle! Johnson up at 5... interesting. I would still have him down at 7 so young guys like Akmal and Matthews get some more match time.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I'm having Morne Van Wyk, all write-ups next week, for I'm too busy ATM.

Hayden
Van Wyk (WK)
Misbah (C)
Y. Pathan
J. Taylor
ten Doeschate
N. McCullum
Cooper
Malinga
Tait
Murali

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Okay so, associate round is over. How many of you thought about picking Collins Obuya or this -- 'great against minnows but nobody against quality attack' -- man?

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Holy spinbowling batman! Mendis (did well with that pick today eh?), Razzak, Vettori, Sharma, and Gayle! Johnson up at 5... interesting. I would still have him down at 7 so young guys like Akmal and Matthews get some more match time.

I thought the same thing regarding Johnson at 5. Then I realised with Gayle in there and corpse-with-pads Kallis at 3, Midge is probably only gonna be called upon late in the innings the majority of the time. I wouldn't be chucking him in after 3 early wickets though.

Did anyone pick Bailey btw? His stocks will be through the roof when we lift that cup in a couple of weeks.

farhan ahmed

Club Cricketer
1) Virender Sehwag
2) Alastair Cook(C)
3)k.sangakara(wk)
4) Mohammad Yousuf
5)manoj tiwary
6) Yuvraj Singh
7)Kruger van Wyk
8) Darren Sammy
9)b.lee
10)EC Rainsford
11)

Last edited:

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
^So not Brian Vittori Farhan - you've switched to Rainsford??

Okay so, associate round is over. How many of you thought about picking Collins Obuya or this -- 'great against minnows but nobody against quality attack' -- man?

I found that van der Westhuizen guy during my searches as well. I might have picked him if he was a fast bowler. Playing well vs Kenya or Scotland can't be too far off the standard you'd find in some of the domestic T20 leagues.

Did anyone pick Bailey btw? His stocks will be through the roof when we lift that cup in a couple of weeks.

No Bailey DIDNT get picked - WOW :eek: :D

Hah- yes I was going to come on and gloat about Mendis, but I'm too classy for that :D It was only vs Zimbabwe too, if he can keep it up the whole tournament I'll feel better. But as it stands his T20I stats are now even more ridiculous: 46 wickets at an average of 9.84!

And someone spotted Mitch at #5 :) Just to explain...it won't really be his permanent, every game position, but I just wanted to show that the batting order would be flexible. Top 4 will probably be same every match (skip Kallis if the openers do well) but after that it will depend what's going on eg. if I want someone to belt the left arm spinner out of the attack, I might send Johnson up to try it as he's not much of a loss. May not work, but as long as it disrupts the opposing captain's plans, even briefly, then that's acceptable. In general I like the idea of pinch hitters, particularly in ODI cricket. If they get out quickly you haven't lost much (either in balls or batting 'resources'), and if they stay in and do some damage you will make the other captain panic a bit.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
I found that van der Westhuizen guy during my searches as well. I might have picked him if he was a fast bowler. Playing well vs Kenya or Scotland can't be too far off the standard you'd find in some of the domestic T20 leagues.

Right Jason, and thats exactly why I mentioned him as a 'great against minnows but nobody against quality attack' and by minnows, I meant to say minnow amongst minnows. :D

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
There is a big name in "minnow" teams that is still free agent. I hope most of you know about him.....
Can I name him?:D

Bevab

Staff Member
Sure, go ahead.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
It is Tamim Iqbal.:D
I did have him in my mind but since I needed a bowler so I went with Hamid Hassan.

Bevab

Staff Member
He doesn't have a good batting average (only a decent one), and his strike-rate is also low. I saw him first, but gave up on him.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Another 'big name' minnow out there is Andy Flower. Understandable why he didn't get picked - he's only played T20 for Essex (21 matches). But he did pretty well in those games and has a great reputation.

Users who are viewing this thread