AI patch is now ready - Need testers

I'm quite happy with v6. Thought I'd help test v7. Bit of a challenge seing as I'm good at bowling, but woeful at batting LOL

ravi, can you put the patches in something we can manually put in the config editor since me and im sure many others havent backed up our .gob and have installed kits on it.

thanks

Sorry about the pain f0bstyle, its impossible to cover all the changes that was made for this patch. Config editor only covers config files and not stroke files which has been altered quite a bit. I fully understand what you are trying to say but unfortunately I have no other avenues to update a 800 MB file. As of now you will need to use the original GOB.

Ravi,

I played one World Championship match between India and England using your 7.0 - Beta Patch. I found batting really tough using this patch as you had stated.

First, England batted. They batted well, taking little risks and were 69 for 1 after 13 overs. But, then suddenly they started losing wickets, via run-outs (which is not your fault), edges and catches. They got all out for 82 after 17 overs. Out of this 5 were run-outs. Then, I batted and found the going really tough. I generally don't play balls in the air. So, I continued the trend. But, I was not able to time any fours properly as well. I surpassed England's score (83) in 15.2 overs. In that 83, I scored only 5 fours, four of them not well timed at all. I also lost 4 wickets (3 run-outs), because I was running hard - as you had suggested.

All in all, I think it is another great patch from you. It is sure to create some close contests. Well done.:cool:

man that sucks, how will i get the original .gob since i didnt back it up?

Originally posted by f0bstyle

The only way is to unistall, then re-install, don't worry bout losing you saved games, it'll ask in the uninstall process about keeping you saved game files or not

the other way by which i did was i uninstalled v6.0 with it'sd reversal patch n then installed v7.0...
try that...

Originally posted by f0bstyle

Try the manual install first. It won't give you all the new shots but it still makes it a lot harder...
Failing that back-up your .gob and reinstall.

Had a run in 7.0. I scored at about 5 per over, its deffinatly harder to score runs. Drives off the backfoot are almost impossible to get away. Was playing on a hard pitch, there seemed to be a bit to many edges.

I found myself relying on the front footdrive to score runs down the ground. Its hard to play any other shots, the cpu bowls much better line and length now.

I have played with new patch and it seems very good,only one major bug quite often when bowling a good length ball the batsmen dont play a shot and get bowled or lbw,they just stay in there stance ,i have bowled and missed the wickets and they leave the ball after the keeper takes it.Any one else had this problem?

I experienced the issue potter mentions about. But, I never bowled or got a batsmen LBW because of that. I guess I was always bowling outside the off.

I thought the batsmen intentionally did not play the shot. Maybe it is a bug.

Potter it would help if you can let me know what difficulty, opposition and what kind of pitch were you playing on. This was when you were bowling right? Also was this in a ODI or a test match. This aint the final Ver7.0 patch, I am looking forward to some feedback on this patch but unfortunately I havent seen many issues mentioned so it will stay in the current state for a while. In specific I am looking forward to hearing how people are fairing when bowling & batting in both ODIs and tests. Once we have a better idea of what avenues need tweaking I can have a go at. Meanwhile thanks for you guys inputs.

how can i get the original .gob without reinstalling the game?

It would suck to reinstall the game

Users who are viewing this thread