AI patch is now ready - Need testers

There is a repair option during re-installation. Just move the existing GOB file to a new location and then select repair. The original GOB file should be restored.

Hi Ravi, i sneaked in 5 overs (ODI) (thats all i could fit in without getting in trouble from mum!)
I was batting as West Indies vs India on a normal pitch.
It was pretty hard! I was 2/29 after 5 overs, both wickets were caught at first slip.

It looks like i will have a tough time, i will play a proper game this weekend.

I was playing a odi on a good pitch and yes i was bowling,i found everything pretty good when i was batting,but when i was bowlng i got three wickets without the batsman playing a shot,i think you are very close to having extra good patch,im sure it is hard as you get one thing right and it may effect something else,keep chipping away i enjoy testing them.

Um, this may be off topic a bit, but on medium difficulty using v6 of the patch, i was able to score 8/500 in a 20 over game using australia and against south africa. Its still too easy, basically i just danced down the wicket to almost every ball and played a straight six hit shot, it works about 90% of the time, even bowlers like glen mcgrath were able to hit sixes doing this, maybe reducing the effectiveness of dancing down the wicket may be a good idea for the next patch.

Try Ver 7.0 medium let alone hitting every ball even if you can hit one an over you are a damn good gamer. If you can smack every ball even with Ver 7.0 then the patch is not installed properly, you will then need to create a new profile and play under it.

Ravi,

I played the next match in the World Championship. The weather was overcast. Oops...Forgot what type of pitch it was.

It was against Canada. I batted first and was only able to score 240/8 in 50 overs. Chasing this score, Canada scored 125 all out in 40 overs. Again there were 4 run outs. If only we can come up with a fix for this bug, :rolleyes: the game would be a lot more closer with this patch. Well done.

I encountered the one bug that potter mentioned earlier. The CPU did not offer a shot to a good length ball and got bowled. It happened only once during the game though. I have attached a snapshot of this occurance.

It would be nice if someone who generally scores a number of 6's play this patch and tell us how difficult/easy it is to hit 6's.

One comment about installing the patch:

When I tried to install it the first time, the installation seemed to go through normally and ended stating that the update was successful. Found that this was not the case and no update had occured. I found that when I ran the installer, I forgot to run as Admin. When I ran as Admin it worked perfectly. Maybe the patch installer should check whether it has permissions to modify the file?? No big deal. Just thought I will mention it anyway.

Thanks Murali for your feedback. We are also testing the patch out but it will take a long time before this is finalized. What I really want to know is to how the CPU performs, we are fairly happy with the scores on a all types of pitches but for damp/wet pitches. I will need to tweak that a bit, lets see how we go. I think this patch will work at its best in conjunction with Sam's exe patch. I still need to try out Sam's exe patch, I am all excited to check it out.

I almost save the game every other over to overcome the runout bug as its hardly entertaining to know the opponents ran themselves out. When the CPU runs itself out I load the game from its previous state to ensure I only get well earned wicket.

well i can still smash 6's using this patch, but its good, cos you have to pick the right ball to smash.

I decided to have a bowl, using your 7.0 patch, and sams exe, and other than the 6runouts i had, the cpu was letting me bowl him, just leaving the ball go through the keeper, and bang bowled.

play now mode
50overs

Cheers Groobz, will fix that before the final version release.

Any of you guys who have had issues with CPU leaving balls on the stumps is able to test this one for me please. Please use the attached install and let me know if that still happens. I suppose it?s fixed in the attached version and I wasn?t able to reproduce this issue. Meanwhile I need couple more inputs

1. Is it possible to hit over the infield consistently using the advance shot with the attached patch?

2. Is batting too easy or is it nearly realistic.

3. Are the edges one too many for both CPU and Humans.

Please ensure you use Sam's exe to test this one. If I precisely know answers to these questions it will be a very quick fix and we can then sign off with AI patches. That will allow all of us to install graphic files as and when needed without having to bother about any more AI patches. Thanks for the help guys.

Attachments

• ver 7a beta.zip
    97.5 KB · Views: 18
I have not tried your latest patch with the fix yet; but from the experience I have with your previous 7.0 patch, I have the following comments for your questions.

For question

1. I am not the right person to comment

2. Batting is very realistic and it is very difficult to score runs even without Sam's exe

3. I do not think it is one too many. But, I am not sure how it will work out in test matches. Will play a test match and let you know how it works out.

Some more comments:

The CPU still seems to be struggling quite a bit against spin bowlers. It is not going for the sweep shot, but it has difficulty timing the ball. I am able to drop the CPU's run-rate to about 3.5 using spinners. Against fast/medium bowlers it seems to be doing a great job.

Will try out your new patch and provide a little bit more feedback.

Okay i have tried the new patch and played a county 4 day game with sams exe and bowled first i had the opp 4 down for 0 runs all letting the ball go and lbw,it was a good pitch,2.1 overs and the cpu only played 1 def shot.I tried ver 6 patch with sams exe on the same game and had 2 wickets early doing the same thing,which had not happened before when not using sams exe. The difference between this 7 patch and the last one is that the batsmen are leaving ie lifting the bat,where as in the first one they stayed in there stance.Hope this is some help.

Users who are viewing this thread