AI patch is now ready - Need testers

I used Sam's exe plus v7 of the AI patch together and bowled Leicester out for 59 runs, with all 10 dismissals coming from lbw's. I only had to pitch the ball up and get a little movement.

As far as batting goes, it is very had to time big hits and you have to time your shots perfectly.

I played on MEDIUM on a GREEN pitch. OVERCAST with occasional RAIN.

i tried to install the v7a patch but it says my .gob file is wrong version. Do i have to take out v6 patch before installing it or what?

of course you do, like it is said in about 10,000 other threads you need the original GOB file. If uninstalling v6 does nothing, you'll have to uninstall Cricket 2004, then install it again.

lol, maybe someone should post a topic just devoted to the original .gob file problem!?

Hopefully this patch will cater to both ODIs & Test matches near perfect. There have been major changes ie, batting made quite easy but still preserving realistic scores. I have changed the power for well timed shots but to time the shot is not very easy thereby ensuring good tussle with bat and ball. This will also apply to CPU, it will produce realistic scores hopefully both in ODIs and Tests. I have tried to tweak it in a way where we can get a wicket or two with the new ball and then the CPU will consolidate. CPU bowling had to be made not very good thats not meaning bad bowling but reducing yorkers and at times allowing us width to play some well timed shots. The initial signs are very encouraging and yorkers being less makes it lot more compelling to bat. I have tested for wides and they are reasonable. I suppose we should play with this patch alongwith Sam's exe, I have attached the patch here. Download this and have a go at it meanwhile I will play out my inning for ND. Let me know what you guys think and I can iron out if anything before we start on the triseries. There is no uninstall so if you want to uninstall copy the original or any other GOB file badk to the data directory. Again your feedback are very important not just to you guys but for myself to enjoy the game. Please continue to post feedback whether good or bad. Cheers.

Attachments

• cricket 2004 ai updates 7b beta.zip
    49.9 KB · Views: 23
I should get some time tomorrow to test out the patch, will post my feedback then :)

Thanks Ravi,

i've playing as Australia vs N.Z, 50over match. I played 5 overs and scored 45. I did hit one good boundry, and smashed a six off a bad ball,, but there are far too many edges, everything off the backfoot is getting edged, most of them for boundries, i had one front foot shot edged that went for a boundry as well. The cpu bowls great line and length, bouncers have been reduced which is good, but too many edges, i'm playing on a normal pitch.

The backfoot shots were deliberately made hard to play and the front foot shots easy to play. Too many edges hmm.. probably needs reduction. do you play defense at all and try settle the batsman or do you go try to play stroke to every ball? Can you please play in easy level and let me know if you still encounter far too many edges? The easy level has the least edges but batting is still a challenge, have a go and let me know if anything. Hey thanks Groobz.

Also how do you feel the batting is on hard level, does it feel all right i.e realistic if the edges were reduced? Also I take that you have installed the above patch right. Did majority of runs you scored come from edges because 45 off 5 overs is just too many on hard level.

Last edited:
Ok i've played 12 overs now, scoring at about 8 per over,, 0/89, out of those 89, 26 runs came from edges. the edges were no where near as bad in the 2nd lot of 5overs. I didn't play defensive at all, the back foot shots that were getting edged was a backfoot shot played through covers.

I would say the batting needs to be made slightly harder, not that much harder though, just a little harder. It seems like in this version the ball comes on to the bat alot easier than 7a did. If i take away the runs i scored from edges i'm scoring at 5.05 per over, which is great tho!.

Thanks again Groobz, I suppose it will take a little while before we get the combination right. As mentioned before the edges will be more when the ball's new hence less edges in the overs between 5-10. I think the purpose of edges beats the game as the CPU wont keep a slip whatsoever the number of edges. If we reduce the number of edges right now then the edges against the CPU will also be failry less. I will reduce the edges marginally as edges only gives more runs than wickets. Maybe we can leave the batting part as it is as of now given you are playing as Australia, its far easier to score as Australia than other teams so I would take its quite realistic. Also on other surfaces or conditions where there is swing the ball will miss the bat quite often. Anyway thanks for your valuable inputs, I will finalize this patch right away and we can then enjoy playing with Sam's exe.

Couple more question if you dont mind answering :

1. How hard is it to hit over the infield?
2. Is the advance aerial shot too easy to play?

Last edited:
no worries Ravi, i understand the problem, if you take edges away, it takes away the fun from the bowling aspect. The edges were a lot less after the first 5 overs though, so its all good.

I played four overs on easy mode, and there wern't any edges at all playing the same strokes.

Here we go guys, I believe this patch is pretty much perfect for batting as well as bowling for both ODIs and tests. Check this out meanwhile I will complete the ND game. There may be few edges to start with which I have set deliberately to ensure we get a wicket or two with the new ball. Post 10 overs the edges will be far less. I have again reduced the power by a little to ensure we post realistic scores. Check out all the modes easy, medium and hard and against different opponents. Make sure you use Sam's exe otherwise batting might just be too easy on all modes. Give it a try and let me know if anything.

Attachments

• cricket 2004 ai updates 7.0 final.zip
    49.8 KB · Views: 49
Is there a way to reduce the power of the edges, so that it does not go for fours, Ravi?

In sam's patch i think we need a split second more time to see the bowling cursor, this is because when a bowler aims at your pads, with the newer ai patches there is not enough time to be able to play them without getting hit on the pad.

Users who are viewing this thread