AI patch is now ready - Need testers

Well done Ravi, I'm glad we have a final version:).
Fat Pizza- This topic is about Ravi's AI patches not sam's exe. Try that thread if you want to make a request

I played a match on a normal pitch, using Ravi's version 7 final patch and Sam's exe.
I was Australia vs India.

I won the toss and batted first.

It took me a bit of getting used to with sam's exe, but i ended up still making 251 in 42 overs (i was bowled out)

I then bowled to India and what happened was very strange, i bowled them out for 16!!!!! :eek: :confused:

I don't know why, i just bowled it staright with a bit of movement and they kept leaving it and getting bowled or lbw!

it was very, very weird, and it is a big problem because u can't have them leaving every ball, but maybe it is something with sam's exe?

Maybe the CPU takes into account the cursor hiding as well?
even though it is hidden it might still think its not there?

Well to test this theory out i will play an innings bowling without sam's .exe.

P.S.:- Ravi, batting was prett good! :)
I would just like the shots to be a bit harder to play still, it is still failry easy to hit a four, just reduce the power a bit again.
If the power on the shots is reduced it should be much better to bat! :)

Cheers :cool:

Last edited:
If you play with Sams patch, will it make a difference (overwrite) over Ravi's gameplay patch ?

Thanks Tim for the input. Its a bit strange really its not happenning on my pc. The CPU is playing really well and not sure what the problem is. You installed the Ver 7 final version right Tim?

yer i have installed it, i even started a new user

well i played it again and i bowled India out for 2! This time was without the exe, so i dont know whats wrong, could u please post the version u are using!?

Please help!!!

I think I should do that, something went wrong while producing the patch? Not sure, will post my version then.

I am having the same problems as Radaga. The computer really doesnt play the ball. You can easily bowl out the computer batsmen.

yes, it just doesn't offer a shot, it needs to be urgently fixed.
i also remember having this problem from version 5 upwards, but it was not this bad and it usually happened in tests, not one dayers.

How about you try this one and let me know if the problem still persists? Thanks guys.

Attachments

• cricket 2004 ai updates 7.0 final with fixes.exe
    92.1 KB · Views: 26
Ravi the problem is still there :(

I played New Zealand on a normal pitch and bowled them out for 27.

They were leaving heaps of deliveries that were just going straight and they hit the stumps.
The only ones they hit were short deliveries.

I have no idea what is wrong Ravi, but this problem needs to be fixed.

That is very very strange, I am finding it hard to keep the CPU calm in my game. Was this in a ODI Tim your refering to? Can you please try other modes say easy or medium and let me know if the issue exists. Unfortunately I cannot test this as this simply isnt occuring with me.

Its still happening with me,i cant understand why its not happening on yours,what are your configs,its ashame because evrything else is pretty good????

Sorry for all the issues with the previous patches guys didnt have a clue what went wrong, probably the copying was a bit faulty or something on my pc. I am more than sure this patch would have fixed all those issues with CPU not playing strokes. All those who have installed previous patches and have experienced issue with CPU batting please install this one. Sorry for having to install quite a few but as I said I wasnt experiencing the same issues as you guys:confused: Hopefully this patch will sort those issue out otherwise I am a bit lost as to whats happenning when I port the changes to the exe. It will be excellent if any of you who may install this patch drop a line about CPU batting. The batting may feel a little easy than was on Ver 7 test patches but this was the only way I can think of beating the CPU batting issue. After some feedback the batting can be changed to make it harder. Atleast we can have a playable gameplay patch with Sam's exe as of now. Again thanks for all the feedback guys.

Attachments

• cricket 2004 ai updates 7.0 final with cpu fixes.zip
    49.9 KB · Views: 41

Users who are viewing this thread